Owner out of East Texas... been quiet on the Forum

Rick, welcome to the site.
I believe you should keep the 06.
Next time your at a dealer sit on a roadster. You will notice the pegs are farther back. Many I have talked to don't like that position.
Also, why get a bike that you have to wait 2 years before you can start changing everything?

Two years?
I was into mine immediately after the 500 mile oil change.

You have an RIII Standard. The 06 Classic has a black engine, floor boards, swept back handlebars, solid black background on the gauges, two-tone paint - with a hand painted gold pinstripe, and cone-end exhaust pipes - rather than slash-cut. Of course any of those things could have been changed by the previous owner, but I doubt he (or she) would have changed all of them - especially the engine.

You have an RIII Standard. The 06 Classic has a black engine, floor boards, swept back handlebars, solid black background on the gauges, two-tone paint - with a hand painted gold pinstripe, and cone-end exhaust pipes - rather than slash-cut. Of course any of those things could have been changed by the previous owner, but I doubt he (or she) would have changed all of them - especially the engine.

Good poop, Mate!

Welcome Rick from Colorado. I know one thing if you own a Rocket you need this forum. These guys on here know more about the Rockets than any dealership in the US and including the factory guys in Georgia. If your out of warranty with a bike don't even bother to call customer service they wont help you and they don't even have any techs there that are smart enough to help you. Don't ask me how I know. Al

Also, why get a bike that you have to wait 2 years before you can start changing everything?

Fair question..... work .. play , etc, etc.. I'm always going 100mph this way.. then.. that way?

After I bought the bike.. I was smiling .. big time.... then several things happened...

First , I realized some of the bikes had issues...I think that had me second guessing..
Second, I did some research early one and couldn't decide which pipes to go with ... .. shortys? D&Ds? This .. that.. etc, etc, ... hell, I'm still scratching my head which way to go
Third, .... I got side tracked. I've got a few bikes...and... I just got .. side tracked. It wasn't until I thought of upgrading the bike ( don't' ask... I feel foolish even discussing it now in retrospect) ... that I found myself back into the initial fray of .. 'what to do'?

Funny thing is .. I was talking to sales and service folks at a local dealer the last two days.. They don't have a clue. Folks in this forum are obviously the experts

So, I'm back in the mix... REALLY wanting to get the bike up to the level it should be performing. I'm thinking of going with the D&D exhaust ( realizing some folks don't like the 3 > 2 ) ... then, the ECU tune download to free up the early gears and redline... then... hmm.. who knows?

I believe you should keep the 06.
Next time your at a dealer sit on a roadster. You will notice the pegs are farther back. Many I have talked to don't like that position.

Something I hadn't considered/realized .. the foot position. Somewhat like a sport bike. Hell, the current position feels tight to me.. I'm used to stretching out!

Back