Owner out of East Texas... been quiet on the Forum

Thanks everyone! I honestly thought this was a simple one... that someone would point out how awesome the new bikes are, x amt of power, just open the wallet and do it...

But, I'm realizing I've been unwittingly riding a docile beast the last 2 years and its was all right there in front of me... just needed to open the secret box and let the beast out .. so to speak.

I've just ordered 'the cable' ,and will be doing the ECU upgrade to open up the first few gears 'as advertised' .. then, I'll do some basic performance upgrades.. maybe even some paint.

I jumped on this forum thinking I'd be buying a 'new' bike on Friday, but needed convincing ..and now realize how foolish that would have been . Getting excited now, to get this current bike to the point it should have always been!

Thanks!
~Rick

Rick, welcome to the site.

I believe you should keep the 06.
Next time your at a dealer sit on a roadster. You will notice the pegs are farther back. Many I have talked to don't like that position.
Also, why get a bike that you have to wait 2 years before you can start changing everything?

I thought a bird in the bush was worth two in the hand. :rolleyes:

but anyway, g'day and welcome y'all.

Welcome from another "grew up on a Kawasaki" (Although even my mother said, "My boys have grown older, but I'm not sure they have grown up.")

I looked out my south facing window and gave you a wave.

Jerry C

Back