ovesized inlet valves

Ok most people do not realize you have a Rotrex Roadster and possibly other goodies like maybe pistons and cams (maybe from a certain man in a tin shed ?). If they knew that or other important information their post might be a little different.

Oh and your one of two Rockets I've seen with the steering damper on the throttle body side. Thought I'd point that out for a few who've been interested in that item.
I saw he had a SC, but even so having the head massaged so it'll flow better will get positive results .

Ok most people do not realize you have a Rotrex Roadster and possibly other goodies like maybe pistons and cams (maybe from a certain man in a tin shed ?). If they knew that or other important information their post might be a little different.

SSShhh! Don't tell anyone ! Was just kidding around ;) I'm sorry for that. I think I got a funny (heart)medication from my doctor cheering me up.

Oh and your one of two Rockets I've seen with the steering damper on the throttle body side. Thought I'd point that out for a few who've been interested in that item.

Yep, this concept is functioning very well for the Rlll

I’m not familiar with what your doing exactly.....but to your question, if your not getting a good clean seat by lapping I’d say you either have a slightly bent valve or a bad/worn seat. Check it with some layout dye (sharpies work in a pinch). See where the valve is contacting the seat, and you’ll have your answer.

You could send your head to a pro and have a full valve job done.....

I did this valvejob already some times before without issues. But meanwhile the issue has been solved, I 'hammered' with a light tap onto the valvesurfaces,(from about a 0,40 " above the seat) and the leaking was gone :) I'm a believer again !

I did this valvejob already some times before without issues. But meanwhile the issue has been solved, I 'hammered' with a light tap onto the valvesurfaces,(from about a 0,40 " above the seat) and the leaking was gone :) I'm a believer again !
I usually use a brass drift to set mine then I run then check seat line width with prussian blue. Anyway sounds like you have it.

Back