One off trailer hitch

monsterider

.020 Over
Any of you engineer (mechanical) types want to dissuade me from having a single sided trailer hitch made up? My plan is to attach it to the rear of the left foot peg bracket at the engine, a second attachment at the left foot peg muffler bracket(muffler gone after D&D's were mounted), around the backside with a support strut from the right terminus of the hitch plate to the right backrest bracket bolt end on the inside of the fender well. Older Beemer K-bikes used one similar to this, made by Reynolds (out of business).
Any input would be appreciated.

I'm just curious why you would want a single sided one? A two sided one is available from Hitch Doc (in central Minnesota)
Good point. Why raise a single sided stress issue at double the price.

Now if I had the means and I was a darksider, Id build a two sided brace inside the rear mud guard behind a 225/50. Very similar to what Bear (L) did. Quite substantial and as and more functional than a lowered skirt on a Touring.

Last edited:
one sided hitch

Considered the one sided configuration to sort of fill the gap left by the removal of the left muffler after the D&D install. 2) There were concerns raised on another blog of strength issues with the bolt on rear frame which I'm guessing is where the boys from Jackson Mn bolt theirs. C) Have never heard of anyone complaining about their K-bike pulling lopsidedly. 4) My somewhat alcohol addled artist/welder can put one together and powder coat it for less than 1/2 the cost of hitch doc...all I have to do is wait. E) figured the rear of the front foot peg mount bars may be stronger.

Will check with the Jackson crew later this winter to see if they have gotten a better picture posted. I may change my mind

Back