Once per hour or so, my engine seems to lose its power by half, starts making extra noises and rattles, and pops and backfires until I turn it off

zendeuce

Standard Bore
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
If I restart it goes away most of the time. Maybe I have to turn off for a minute or so. I just changed out the ignition due to the jiggle/off known issue. I also recently had it serviced at the dealership and now it drives crooked ever since I got new tires put on. This bike is posing more issues than I have ever had before on previous bikes. the falling left is a problem I can live with, the engine losing it's timing is not. Any suggestions?

If I restart it goes away most of the time. Maybe I have to turn off for a minute or so. I just changed out the ignition due to the jiggle/off known issue. I also recently had it serviced at the dealership and now it drives crooked ever since I got new tires put on. This bike is posing more issues than I have ever had before on previous bikes. the falling left is a problem I can live with, the engine losing it's timing is not. Any suggestions?
Is the dealership you are taking it to a Triumph dealership or just a resale Triumphs if they have one dealership. Don't get me wrong not all Triumph dealerships are created equal. But taking a Rocket to anyone not a bonafide Triumph dealership is just asking for lots of trouble. If you hang in there I bet the folks here can get you on the right path.

Is the dealership you are taking it to a Triumph dealership or just a resale Triumphs if they have one dealership. Don't get me wrong not all Triumph dealerships are created equal. But taking a Rocket to anyone not a bonafide Triumph dealership is just asking for lots of trouble. If you hang in there I bet the folks here can get you on the right path.
I am based in Los Angeles so if anybody has a better dealership than this one let me know. But they seemed to not be able to correct my bikes very noticeable lean after installing new tires and frankly I found them very neglectful overall I had to call if I wanted my bike back, they just let it sit there otherwise.

TRIUMPH OF LOS ANGELES​

8515 La Cienega Blvd, Inglewood CA, 90301

I am based in Los Angeles so if anybody has a better dealership than this one let me know. But they seemed to not be able to correct my bikes very noticeable lean after installing new tires and frankly I found them very neglectful overall I had to call if I wanted my bike back, they just let it sit there otherwise.

TRIUMPH OF LOS ANGELES​

8515 La Cienega Blvd, Inglewood CA, 90301
I can relate to that my bike sat for two months when it just went in to have the fork seals replaced. I finally had to go and get it and do the final work myself. This was at a very well respected dealer who ended up firing the service manager soon after. As I am in the Midwest I don't know anyone in the L.A. area but someone will be along who does.👍

Try taking it to Century Motorcycles in San Pedro. They are a very established MC shop and also very knowledgeable in the science of the Rocket 3. I find their pricing and service far superior to the other dealer you listed.

Just my .02

B

Back