Oil Tank O rings leaks

No the clutch cover/front engine cover does not need to come off to check or adjust the valves. Now if you do you should look closely at the cam chain guide on the tensioner side. If yours has not had the update kit then the guide should be updated. Otherwise IMHO run with the one you have.
What year did they do the update? Or is it an aftermarket part? I noticed that Neville Lush sold some type of aftermarket tensioner and thought Carpenter may have something similar as well.

What year did they do the update? Or is it an aftermarket part? I noticed that Neville Lush sold some type of aftermarket tensioner and thought Carpenter may have something similar as well.
They were updated during the 08 models yours is so new it is fine. Near as I can figure they changed them 4 times that I know of and have laying around. And your right about the manual tensioner in both cases. Carpenter uses the APE tensioner and Nev had some made to better fit the Rocket.

There is a rubber port mount on each throttle body and a hose clamp on each. The hose is a breather tube just take it loose at the top of the tank and move it out of your way. As for the drive shaft you can not pull it just paint the rear splines and in the cup. I leave a table spoonful in the bottom of the cup.

Had the O rings on the oil tank replaced. The oil is still leaking. o_O
I have heard that once they leak there is no fix. :thumbsdown:
Where is the oil coming from? There has to be a way to fix this nuisance.
Experience here will be greatly appreciated.

Arr you sure its the tank? I have seen guys think it was and turned out to be the cam cover gasket. Look closely especially in the spark plug holes. There is a wheep hole in each that drains out on the throttle body side. Not saying it ain't the tank just pointing to other instances I've read over the years.

Arr you sure its the tank? I have seen guys think it was and turned out to be the cam cover gasket. Look closely especially in the spark plug holes. There is a wheep hole in each that drains out on the throttle body side. Not saying it ain't the tank just pointing to other instances I've read over the years.

Not sure about that. I saw the bike with the throttle bodies removed. The head or valve cover gaskets were not leaking.
Where would I look for this spark plug leak? Would changing the valve cover gasket fix the problem?

Not sure about that. I saw the bike with the throttle bodies removed. The head or valve cover gaskets were not leaking.
Where would I look for this spark plug leak? Would changing the valve cover gasket fix the problem?

Valve cover gasket changed. Still leaking but very little. Is it OK to ride it like that for a while? The had will have to be machined.

Had the O rings on the oil tank replaced. The oil is still leaking. o_O
I have heard that once they leak there is no fix. :thumbsdown:
Where is the oil coming from? There has to be a way to fix this nuisance.
Experience here will be greatly appreciated.
I recently removed my oil tank to replace the coolant sensor , fitted genuine Triumph o rings refilled the oil and it leaked like a seive ,
Drained oil again from only the centre sump plug , removed the tank again , removed the right side oil tank spigot from the housing in the crankcase and noticed crud and rust from the housing had built up in the hole , this had to be carefully picked out of the housing and all made shiny clean , the same with the spigot itself . Fit new o rings , 3 in total , lubricated them well with petroleum jelly and reassembled . From that moment on , dry as a bone ! :thumbsup:

Back