Not to get into an Oil thread.. ( Ive used a bunch of different oils in different bikes with no problems)

BUT

the Triumph service rep I spoke to, can;t remember his name BUT he is THE MAN, when it comes to Rockets, He is the the guy they call to fly out to the dealer when they have a problem etc.

he was looking at a bike at the local dealer for some wierd problem and I chatted with him, he was saying that although it may seem to be the "party line" that the Triumph oil is one of the bests, and that honestly unless your extremely hard on the bike the NORMAL oil change intervals suggested in the book were perfectly fine.

Speaking of FILTERS it doesn't matter what oil you send through it if it doesn't scrub the oil of particulates does it? That's why when you look at filters the key ingredient is the porosity and micron size of filtration. I've sent a query to Bosch about the back-pressure high efficiency filters (like Purolator PureOne automobile filters) place on the MC oil pump and what the micron size is of the media used in their standard auto vs. motorcycle filters. When I get a reply I'll post it up. Better to have the straight skinny than fumbling around with everyones opinions.

Back