Bishop

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
So I bought a Triumph one yesterday.

Well, I didn't buy it, when my golden tire was being changed, I went to the parts counter and asked for a filter, they banged away on the keyboard, asked my name, handed me a filter and said it'll be on the same invoice.

It wasn't, oh darn... (I feel slightly bad about walking off with a filter, but I'll get over it)

Anyway, so I google the part number T1210444 and it appears it's used on a few Triumph models.

So I limit the search to Google shipping which brings up the K&N replacement.

The K&N replacement also lists their filter as fitting:
ARTIC CAT 3201044 $7.87
HONDA 15410MCJ000 $8.25
HONDA 15410MCJ003 $8.25
KAWASAKI 160970002 $9.49
KAWASAKI 160971068
KAWASAKI 160971070
KAWASAKI 160971072
TRIUMPH T1210444
YAMAHA 5GH134402000 $10.99

All of these are apparently the same as the JOHN DEERE M806418 which is $7.43 and can be found at most of my local farm and garden shops and Ace Hardware.

Does anyone know if these filters are in-fact different in any way? Just because something can fit does mean it should be used. Know what I mean?

But if I can get a filter that's identical to the Triumph one and is within a 5 minute drive, that's pretty cool for me. Even cooler if it's John Deere green.

so it really is a tractor engine?

be cool if those John Deere filters have logos..

Not sure, but the specifications may be different

You need to make sure the internal by-pass valves have the same ratings. I believe the Triumph filters are made by Toyo Roki.

I use HIFLO Filtro filter HF 204, buy it locally for $6.85. It list the same bikes that Juggs posted above on the filter box. Its the same one I used on my VTX 1300.
hf204-2.jpg

I found a thread that listed all the filters that wil fit the Rocket (about 18 of them in total). They even listed them in order of which ones would take the chrome cover! I use the Purolater filter, but I've also used the Bosch and Champion. The Purolator is highly rated. Here's the thread:
http://www.triumphrat.net/the-rocket-sc ... rence.html

Juggs, I always wonder how valid these cross references are. I think you are right about fit not meaning suitable. My Harley mechanic buddy cautioned me about cross referenced filters. I don't know if it would apply to the Triumph but there is apparently some type of bypass in the stock Harley filters that he said some of the auto filters don't have.

I'd be cautious about running a filter without the protective cover.

Gasket said:
Juggs, I always wonder how valid these cross references are. I think you are right about fit not meaning suitable. My Harley mechanic buddy cautioned me about cross referenced filters. I don't know if it would apply to the Triumph but there is apparently some type of bypass in the stock Harley filters that he said some of the auto filters don't have.

I'd be cautious about running a filter without the protective cover.

Also be leary of "HARLEY ADVICE" they still think you can only run "HARLEY OIL" :shock: or your engine will blow up and warranty will be void. :lol:

Yeah, I don't use Triumph oil in mine, just blended 10w/40 from Napa.

Hasn't failed me yet.

Next oil change (went 16k before this last one) I'll probably switch to full synthetic.

Back