Norton 850 Mk III

Its a Rocket Gold Star. '62 Super Rocket motor (650) in a BDB34 Frame (500 single Gold Star) coupled to a RR2T close ratio gearbox (Gold Star) and Norton Roadholder forks.
Avon Triangular tyres and alloy rims.
Clip-ons were low but it was comfortable to ride and very quick in it's day.
It was a genuine RGS except for the tank, (original was chrome), and the forks 'coz the BSA forks were crap!
$30,000 is not far from the mark for an original, one sold in Ireland 2 years ago for over 20,000 Euros
THE GOLD STAR TWIN was very reliable RACED IT FOR 3 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM EVEN DRAG RACED IT and held the national record for over ten years

going to UK next week for a month so I am going to have a serious look for an old bike. I've had a Triumph Stag sitting in my brother-in-laws barn near Oxford for about 20 odd years, 'bout time I did something with it!!

I was working at a Triumph dealership when the stag came out, nice car shame they used their 3ltr rather than the Rover V8
always fancied one though, that & a dolomite sprint.
Looking to source any bits to take back to OZ with you? If I can be of any help let me know (unless it's for TC of course :D)
Oxford is just up the road from me.

I was working at a Triumph dealership when the stag came out, nice car shame they used their 3ltr rather than the Rover V8
always fancied one though, that & a dolomite sprint.
Looking to source any bits to take back to OZ with you? If I can be of any help let me know (unless it's for TC of course :D)
Oxford is just up the road from me.

Thanks for the offer, need to have a serious look at the Stag and make a decision what to do with it. As for the Rocket....there's always more bits to buy!!!!!!

Moral to that story is .. if given a free Norton that some idiot has turned into a chopper expect it to be an expensive and time consuming project. Nice to see a beautiful bike back on the road. A story to warm even IMFASTOO's heart I hope :D thanks for the story (and the contacts) Chris.

Moral to that story is .. if given a free Norton that some idiot has turned into a chopper expect it to be an expensive and time consuming project. Nice to see a beautiful bike back on the road. A story to warm even IMFASTOO's heart I hope :D thanks for the story (and the contacts) Chris.
IVE been eyeing up the new Thruxton or a Bonny with the mag wheels nice modern classics that would be really nice with a modded 100HP powerplant

Back