Noob Fr Ohio - '23 GT and Addiction

BravoKiloRomeo

.020 Over
Ride
R3
Thanks to all who spend time sharing here. Info makes consumers powerful against greedy commercial forces! (please know that not all commercial forces are greedy - most)

As for me, I am a motorcycle addict. Since about 2011 my motorcycle proclivity has steadily progressed. As a child, there were many indications including riding minibikes around a small back yard pretending to by a motorcycle officer on the TV show "CHiPs." Even genetically, my father caught sheds on fire piecing together two wheeled pleasure machines, and he enjoyed regularly cycling me to school when I was in 3rd grade (I thought this was amazing - every time!). For many, many years of college my motorcycle secret sat quietly dormant, and many (including myself) had no idea the latent force sleeping within me. I still had the old sportster my father gave me on my 16th birthday, but it was stuffed away at my childhood home.

Once I was stabilized in my practice and household I got that 75 Sportster started for the first time is over two decades! After a few shorts rides in the neighborhood I was soooooo excited! I couldn't stop thinking about riding, but the old Sporty had issues (brakes were perilously rigged from my younger years). A quick discussion with the most understanding and supportive wife, and I went and bought a new bike.

Twelve years, 200,000+miles, and 20+ bikes, and I appear on this R3 forum. I am an addict, and forums like this enable me to energize my motorcycle euphoria. I hope that I'm able to share something that helps others. '23 GT Purchased First of November.

Thanks to all who spend time sharing here. Info makes consumers powerful against greedy commercial forces! (please know that not all commercial forces are greedy - most)

As for me, I am a motorcycle addict. Since about 2011 my motorcycle proclivity has steadily progressed. As a child, there were many indications including riding minibikes around a small back yard pretending to by a motorcycle officer on the TV show "CHiPs." Even genetically, my father caught sheds on fire piecing together two wheeled pleasure machines, and he enjoyed regularly cycling me to school when I was in 3rd grade (I thought this was amazing - every time!). For many, many years of college my motorcycle secret sat quietly dormant, and many (including myself) had no idea the latent force sleeping within me. I still had the old sportster my father gave me on my 16th birthday, but it was stuffed away at my childhood home.

Once I was stabilized in my practice and household I got that 75 Sportster started for the first time is over two decades! After a few shorts rides in the neighborhood I was soooooo excited! I couldn't stop thinking about riding, but the old Sporty had issues (brakes were perilously rigged from my younger years). A quick discussion with the most understanding and supportive wife, and I went and bought a new bike.

Twelve years, 200,000+miles, and 20+ bikes, and I appear on this R3 forum. I am an addict, and forums like this enable me to energize my motorcycle euphoria. I hope that I'm able to share something that helps others. '23 GT Purchased First of November.

Welcome from Tucson Arizona Usa

Welcome to the Nuthouse.........The others will be along shortly:laugh::laugh::roll::roll:

WELCOME! to our R3 Family... Any Photos? Like me, sounds like you have a keeper!! (My Bride of 38 years actually picked out my R3T.) When it comes to addiction... let's just say you're gonna fit in real nice here... :sneaky: :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Welcome from Toronto, Once you tune it properly you will find that it runs so much better and smoother, i have multiple bikes, but my GT seems to always be my go to bike, and when you don't have it, you will miss it, a lot. 2-months and counting so far waiting for dealership to get all the parts and put it back together after some *&*^%ing twit ran into us. it took a lot of damage but was still able to drive me home

Back