I'm scratching my head getting no where here ,mmmmmmmm:(:confused:........................ but I would start tracing the wiring looking for an unplugged connector (while unplugging my radiator fan for removal a while back I managed to dislodge a plug which left me with no lights, there is a lot of plugs under the front of the tank and in my opinion their wires are a tad short) and checking along the way with a multi meter checking for voltage output also get yourself a tube of dielectric grease as I recently while "BruceAussie" was visiting went start bike and my speedo was making a weird noise and my engine fault and oil light came on while not throwing a error code in the ECU after checking everything else it turned out to be the connector on the speedo was dry without grease, checked tacho same greased them problem solved. So what I am saying is check all the connectors and apply Dielectric grease on ALL connections, give them a wiggle. Sorry that All I can think of at moment
Best of Luck and I hope my Ramblings help you find the Gremlin :)

P.S. Oh and get an eastern beaver headlight relay kit as even thou the later roadsters have extra relay put into the system they only part fixed it by shifting the load from ignition switch to the Hi/Low dipper switch, which I urge ALL owners should flood handle bar controls (left and right) the with dielectric grease as while riding in a heavy downpour a couple of years ago had my bike switching itself from hi to low beam by itself

Last edited:
Back