Steel

Resident Coonass
Ride
2012 Roadster & 2006 Classic
Rode all day, the lights were working. Went to leave just after dark and the headlights don't work. No high, low, or those other little lights in the bucket. Blinkers and tail lights work fine.

The motor starts. I removed the fuse (#5), it looked good. I swapped the fuse with the 20amp fuse for the motor, and it does the same thing. Motor starts, but no lights.

Any idea where to start?

Sounds like an open circuit to me too - I'd go with ignition switch to start (assuming the bulbs are ok of course!)

Do you have the stock set up or EB mod?

You have a roadster with a light relay that both beams run through I think. Replace it. I have 2 relays on mine - one for each beam. I had one fail and I only had high beam. I'd start there.

It's a stock setup, with Sylvania Ultrastar bulbs. All 4 bulbs look ok.

I'll look for the relays.

Thanks.

Pre Roadster there was no headlight relay so most of us have installed either the Eastern Beaver kit or something similar. Hanso kindly did mine with separate relays for high and low beam. I believe Triumph half fixed it with The Roadster but installing a single relay (could be wrong - there might be two) which makes me think that's your problem. Good to rule it out if nothing else.

Last edited:
The manual and the wiring diagram don't show the relay. Where can I find it?

BTW, I was wrong. The tail light is out too. Just brake and blinkers work

The manual and the wiring diagram don't show the relay. Where can I find it?

BTW, I was wrong. The tail light is out too. Just brake and blinkers work[/quote

I looked for a relay on my bike just after your original post cos that was my initial thought as to what your problem might be - i couldn't find it???

People. hurry up and help Steel!! he has only 2 days to fix his bike before RAA!!!!:)

Steele, not ignoring your shout for help mate, I just cant offer any good advice but best of luck. Canberra or Hanso will surely be able to tell you where to look.

Back