No green TPS light at end of tune?

laraza

Turbocharged
Ride
09 R3 Classic
Have just istalled TORS tune and according to the instructions the empty TPS box should turn green after a few minutes idling. I have followed the instructions to the letter but no matter how long I leave it idling it doesn't turn green.

I installed the tune because i was getting a bit of hunting on steady throttle openings, does this mean the TPS is shot?

Any help appreciated :confused:

I remeber mine sat for a long time and I switched screens (diagnostics to edit map or maybe the other way round) and it found it. Could just have been timing

You did the TPS reset after loading? Is it giving you any error codes?

Just my thoughts, but I'd disconnect, reconnect and start with the reset? If not, maybe load your original, then try loading again. I'm far from an expert, so hopefully someone will come along with a better fix.

No error codes and bike running crap at lower revs, surging on smaller throttle openings. Tried reloading old map and then loading map 20368 (TORS tune) but no difference.
Tearing whats left of my hair out!:mad: Dreading a trip to the dealers at $100 an hour!

Do some more reading, I think you're just doing something wrong. I'm thinking the light will not come on till after the 12 min tune?:confused:

After you execute reset adaptives, TPS green light comes on in about 30 seconds. Did you do the ignition off/on for 10 secs/off/on again with the reset?

After you execute reset adaptives, TPS green light comes on in about 30 seconds. Did you do the ignition off/on for 10 secs/off/on again with the reset?

yep did that. I then turned the ignition off while I put the headlamp fuse back in (few seconds) then started it and let it idle for up to 20 minutes with no green light coming on

tunes

Laraza, one thing I found out when I was doing my tune uploads is that some tunes require no Oxygen sensor and must be capped with a bung plug.
Some tunes do require the O2 sensor.
If the tune does not use an O2 sensor then you MUST uncheck the box in Tune ECU or Tuneboy.
If you did not do that it will run funny.

Tunes

Make sure your kill switch is on, ignition is on, and you are hooked up to another battery with booster cables,
Leave the headlight fuse in for now, you will not need to remove it if you are hooked up to another full battery.
When Tune ECU comes up on your screen ,in the upper left hand corner click on "connect" , it should show a red flashing light then yellow then green.
hope this helps?

Back