Nice Ride, But what about the red pipes??2013 TR3R

milly63

Standard Bore
Hello Gentleman,
Just joined this site and am wondering if I should be a little concerned. I purchased this new Rocket Roadster a few weeks ago, and was enjoying a nice evening ride when I noticed a nice red/orange glow from exhaust manifold. No mods as of yet and am wondering if factoring setting is too lean. Any suggestions?? This is my first Triumph and am a little disappointed.

That is why Triumph put those nice chrome coverings over the header pipes. It is pretty normal, you have a pretty big engine and that exhaust is going to be pretty hot, you just don't notice it during the day as much...but night time it is pretty common to see that red glow.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

I haven't mentioned this to the dealer yet, but as soon as I bought it, they were anxious to put a new set of pipes and do some re-mapping for me. Could it be they want to get more fuel into the baby. I like stock bikes, and I just want to leave it alone. You figure Triumph would know what they are doing. Maybe they run hot for emission purposes.
Do you do anything to your 2010 Rocket?

G'day Milly, And welcome.
The mufflers on the Roadster has the catalytic converter in each of them which restricts the flow somewhat hence keeping the heat in the system. Also when the exhaust gasses are pushed out of the cylinder head the gasses are forced to do a right angle turn almost immediately, causing a hotspot and the heat just radiates further down the system from there.
Nothing to worry about.

Back