New Guy on the fence about selling his R3GT

Pale.Rider

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Hey all,

I just learned about this community a few hours ago. Currently riding a 2020 Rocket 3 GT. I LOVE the bike, but a recent injury as well as a move for work had me leaning towards selling it. It’s an expensive toy to just have sitting in the garage! But after sniffing around here for a bit, It has me thinking maybe I’ll hold onto it and get healthy enough to ride again. 30 hp from a tune!? I’ll have to research that further, lol.

About me, been riding for a long time. As you might be able to see, I’m pretty brand agnostic having previously ridden Suzuki, Victory, and Harley before finding the R3. The R3 is easily the best handling bike I’ve owned, and the power is ever so slightly scary! In any event, I’m looking forward to learning from this community!

There is just a few rockets with that color scheme
Yours mine and one more is all i know about.

Hello & welcome from the UK.
Your introduction struck a cord with me. It was your comment about your state of health and how at this time you are considering selling up due to the challenges that you are currently experiencing.
Five years ago I faced the same situation due to my own health. At that time, I made the extremely reluctant decision to sell my bikes and I faced a future without my love of riding. I am fortunate because I have other hobbies & interests, so I decided to just focus more free time into those other pursuits which was what I needed to do at that time.
Fast forward four years and my health had stabilised enough for me to consider riding a motorcycle again, so at the beginning of this year I jumped back in with both feet and purchased a 2020 Rocket 3R and I have become myself once more. I got my mojo back.....The 'Rocket' has given me my mojo back
The moral of the story I think, is:
Time can sometimes heal what doesn't always appear to be possible. So don't give up hope. Just do what is needed to get better and keep your mind open to the possibility of a positive outcome over time. Maybe holding on to your Rocket for at least a while longer, it might keep reminding you that it's worth working towards the prize....to ride a Rocket....cos there's nothing quite like a Rocket :thumbsup:

Welcome from sunny North Texas. I traded my beloved Rocket a few years ago due to no longer being able to push it around my garage. It wasn't getting ridden and so I traded it for a light weight easy to ride Triumph Bobber. The Bobber is a good bike and meets my needs, but I missed the raw arm yanking power of my Rocket. So I just bought a light weight Speed triple 1200 RS and it meets the arm yank thing like you wouldn't believe!! Still miss my Rocket, it had the comfort and power of both bikes (and weighed about as much too). At least I can waltz them around the garage without my knees falling to pieces. If you keep it, drain the fuel out of the tank before it goes bad.

Hello & welcome from the UK.
Your introduction struck a cord with me. It was your comment about your state of health and how at this time you are considering selling up due to the challenges that you are currently experiencing.
Five years ago I faced the same situation due to my own health. At that time, I made the extremely reluctant decision to sell my bikes and I faced a future without my love of riding. I am fortunate because I have other hobbies & interests, so I decided to just focus more free time into those other pursuits which was what I needed to do at that time.
Fast forward four years and my health had stabilised enough for me to consider riding a motorcycle again, so at the beginning of this year I jumped back in with both feet and purchased a 2020 Rocket 3R and I have become myself once more. I got my mojo back.....The 'Rocket' has given me my mojo back
The moral of the story I think, is:
Time can sometimes heal what doesn't always appear to be possible. So don't give up hope. Just do what is needed to get better and keep your mind open to the possibility of a positive outcome over time. Maybe holding on to your Rocket for at least a while longer, it might keep reminding you that it's worth working towards the prize....to ride a Rocket....cos there's nothing quite like a Rocket :thumbsup:
Amen brother....

Back