News panniers Triumph 25 l

The new one.
I 'll try not to waste my breath here as I have previously commented on related topics that these panniers are total crapola.. They leak and the zippers 'catch'. Howsomever, having said thatI found the solution for extended trips.. there are outdoor waterproof camping/kayaking bags I purchased. They're called 'SeatoSummit'/ The 20 liter bags are perfect fits inside these panniers and they are bombproof as far as water goes. As for the zippers, I scraped bees wax on them and for the most part they don't get stuck.....(as much). Hope this helps.
Or you could just move to California.

As for the zippers, I scraped bees wax on them and for the most part they don't get stuck.....(as much). Hope this helps.
you could also use the wax divers use for their drysuit zipper. Like Max Wax, they rather not use the bees wax as that could harm the rubber around the zipper making it softer and that could cause seal issues.

What is failing on the old 20L bags? Is it the stitching, zipper teeth, zipper pulls, or something else causing the problems?

I think the teeth. Not the slider cause I tried a heavier one.
Both the zippers and the lock. The zippers bind (one of mine stuck open and they broke it at the dealership trying to pry it loose). The locks would fail as well with one report that they had to break in as there were issues with the combination mech. They gave me the new ones under warranty. They asked for a picture:) made me laugh as it was just a picture of a zipper with the bag open. The dealer kept the old set but left the inner and outer covers and straps with me. I use them with a different set of bags on my ZX14R now.

Do waterproof covers come with the new panniers? If not, can you put the covers from the old panniers on the new panniers?

Do waterproof covers come with the new panniers? If not, can you put the covers from the old panniers on the new panniers?
New 25L panniers comes with an internal waterproof liner. I prefer the smaller 20L panniers. these new ones are huge.

Back