News panniers Triumph 25 l

Just DX'd my 20l bags and received the new 25l bags. The dealer gave me two waterproof covers that came with the bags, but they are too small. The part number is A9950009 and by the Triumph site, they are for the Bonneville. Anyone know the part number for the 25l bag covers?

And another thing. With the 25l bags, the key is inserted and locked in different directions from one bag to the other. I wonder why!

Anyone with the new bags can confirm if the material/fabric is the same as the original 20l?
Getting new ones.
Can confirm, exact same look and materials. Feels like the same zippers too. It doesn't have the built in buckled straps anymore either.

Can confirm, exact same look and materials. Feels like the same zippers too. It doesn't have the built in buckled straps anymore either.
Not sure that's entirely accurate from my experience. Same external material for the most, zippers are different, lock is different, position the combo lock itself is different although shares same key set, integrated waterproof bags with air escape seal is different.

I had both. The 25L bags are improved from the original 20L offering. IMDO.

Thanks for that.
Have you noticed improvement on zipper movement, not catching like old ones?
Size wasn't the main problem.
What's Triumphs point in upgrade if not improved.🙄

Last edited:
Thanks for that.
Have you noticed improvement on zipper movement, not catching like old ones?
Size wasn't the main problem.
What's Triumphs point in upgrade if not improved.🙄
my 20L were replaced under warranty for zipper issues, the replacement bags have been pretty good, I have had issues with the zippers, and the waterproof bag inside was a nice improvement over having to put bags on the outside that just collected the water, my biggest gripe and always has been is the shape of the bags, you can almost get a laptop or clipboard in them but not quite, only because of the odd shape.

my 20L were replaced under warranty for zipper issues, the replacement bags have been pretty good, I have had issues with the zippers, and the waterproof bag inside was a nice improvement over having to put bags on the outside that just collected the water, my biggest gripe and always has been is the shape of the bags, you can almost get a laptop or clipboard in them but not quite, only because of the odd shape.
When you say " I have had issues with the zippers", is that the new 25l bags or just the old ones?

Last edited:
Back