Found 40 front and 42 rear works well. Frankly, I like the soft front and rear suspension. Bike bounces but much more gentle on my poor old back. I even set the rear shock on the softest setting.

My K1200 wanted to fall into slow turns and stand up in fast ones, hard to describe, but odd. When I changed out the old worn Shinko tires that were on it when I bought it to Michelin Road 5s, it transformed the bike, that went away. Just throwing out there the thought that tires can make a huge difference. Changing the factory Mettzlers for Avon Cobras on the Rocket similarly changed the handling characteristics also.

If you are still running the front 150/80 Metzler then be aware it is a pinch fit and this affects the crown radius.

Makes it tippy at the front. It also means it is very easy to drop when banked over. Avon Cobras have a better crown roll .

I measured my Metz at new and it equated to a 143/90 fitted. imo the only reason to stay on a Metz is that the grip like wet shyt to a blanket if it's cold. But you weren't thanking of hard banking on Black Ice after all.

There are many variables that make it difficult to answer your question.
Is your R3R Box stock?
Tis an 800 pound motorcycle before you even climb aboard and it is sitting on a reverse dago, meaning that the front axle is higher above the pavement than the rear axle.
The OEM tires and suspension suck! (Lights & horn suck as well)
If you want much, much better handling, research these areas for the necessary changes.

WELCOME! to the family and your new permanent grin! :D Regardless of bike, I've had a similar feel due to the tires (be it age, wear, or pressure). I find on our Rockets this becomes more pronounced.
-MIG

Welcome to the fray! Recommend you also keep the motor pushing in slow speed turns. Allowing the front end to load up makes the handling heavy. After turn initiation roll up the throttle enough to lighten front end load and all is well. I ride dark side and that works just as well for standard rubber. Enjoy!

Back