New V-Rod coming???

Easy there X-Choppers.....you'll learn as you visit and contribute to this site that there is a lot of prodding and poking, all in having a good time. Very rarely is any comments meant to be a personal attack on anyone or their choice of ride. (Unless you come on the scene spouting the greatness of H-D!:rolleyes:) Bigern

I have been riding for 48 years and well over 2 million miles.

I own:

1. 2002 Honda VTX 1800

2. 2003 Honda Goldwing

3. 2007 Suzuki M109R

4. 2007 Triumph Rocket 3

I don't regret purchasing any of them.
They are all great motorcycles and fill the niche each was intended to serve.

Triumphs are wonderful bikes.
Unlike Harley Davidsons, they stand on their own.
There's no need to bash other brands simply because they are different or made somewhere else. We don't need to regress to the level of the average HD rider...
Bikes should be judged by what they are, not where they're manufactured or who owns the company. I add the last part 'cause both my Hondas were made in Marysville, Ohio, not Japan.

I owned 1 HD in my life.
1 was enough...

Who the heck are you, Donald Trump?

However, this new V-Max makes my point. With monster high performance Japanese bikes abounding, what's the point of spending thousands if not tens of thousands on an 800 lb monster like the Rocket? You're never going to win!

Have you checked out the weight of the new V-Max. It's not much lighter than an R3.

It isn't all bout having the fastest bike available. Sometimes it is just about having something different.

Have you checked out the weight of the new V-Max. It's not much lighter than an R3.

It isn't all bout having the fastest bike available. Sometimes it is just about having something different.

Right you are, Tripp. That's one of the best things about the R3. I have only run across three other Rockets in the 28k I've done on mine.

I agree completely. The V-Max is 120 lbs lighter wet, the difference between 1 and 2 up. That seems to be a big difference for me. A bit heavier than a Sportster. I've never had a bike this heavy - that I couldn't keep from falling over just sitting on it.

The point is that the V-Max has 197 hp right out of the box. To get in that league with the R3, you need to spend at least $6K on a turbo.

I have a Rocket because it's the coolest bike out there. But spending a gazillion $$ to bring it up to speed with things like the new V-Max or B-King seems ridiculous to me. Perhaps if I had unlimited funds, I'd buy a 2nd Rocket and spend the gazillion.

And a 15-liter under-the-seat gas tank. That's what? 3.5 US gallons? Good for 125 miles before replenishment to quench the 197 ponies' thirst?

Had this thing been released in the early 2000's, I would have been impressed. Tempted, even. But, IMO, it's "too little too late" as a 2009 model-year product.

In addition, I don't like the hype surrounding Yamaha's (Star's) product lauch: "Limited edition"... "Place your order NOW" (otherwise you don't stand a chance to get one ... )... "Hi-tech engine top-end " (no doubt, but it looks like it's basically the same engine block as that of the original V-Max)...

Jamie:cool:

hmmmm

awww, you guys are bursting my bubble! I bought my rocket after owning LOTS'O other bikes (the last five being triumph sport bikes) and thought that i was getting a refined, different, monster..that would eat sportbikes light to light,,:eek::eek::eek:
I love my Triumphs, I love that they are different, and I love not passing myself on the street a hundred times a day!!!!

I had a interesting ride Tuesday night. Our normal ride night to dinner and a not to uncommon icecream break brought us upon a common ice cream shop and a meating point of two chapters of the Christian Motorcycle Group. In all about 80 bikes took over a shop ( all this at afour corners with a population of about 60). There was a large selection of bike as one might imagine. Wings, V-nods, other HD's, VTX, vulcans, Guzzi, Victory,Star and Beemers, old and new alike. As you might guess I was the only Rocket and also the only Triumph. I had such a crowd around, most of my icecream ended up on my sleeve.. Oh, and i was the first night on the town for the new tagalong, dubbed "Rocket Luncher" (no I didn't spell it wrong)

Attachments

• Rocket_Launcher.jpg
    Rocket_Launcher.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 41
Back