New V-Rod coming???

I think V-Rods are nice bikes. I would have bought one but I decided it was overpriced for the shoddy way it is fitted out - especially in comparison with the Rocket, which is a heck of a lot more bike.

However, this new V-Max makes my point. With monster high performance Japanese bikes abounding, what's the point of spending thousands if not tens of thousands on an 800 lb monster like the Rocket? You're never going to win!
AMEN doug. ------

I wasn't saying the 07 was slow, just slow compared to his modified 02. I could blow the stock 07 away easy with my very mildly modified R3. It was all I wanted to take on the 02. Another factor is that he weighs 50 lbs more than me.

AMEN doug. ------

Busajack... you've been prone to say "amen" as of late, haven't you?

It does not quite read like you.

The 2009 model-year V-Max is yesterday's news.

How many YEARS in the making?. Almost a decade. And what for?:

A 1700cc-some displacement that ain't big enough nowadays image-wise, even with a supposedly high-tech top end. Extracting 197 ponies out of 1700 cc is nothing to boast about, be it in terms of power-per-cubic inch or cc in the 1000cc "supersport" motorcycle class... or even in forefront automotive technology terms (e.g. Honda). 17 xxx (whatever the correct measurement) of torque at a high 6'500 rpm's is not something to write home about either... And then, there 's that self-inflicted Star versus Yamaha brand ID crisis, that nostalgy-inspired but somewhat distorted "Peggy Sue Got Married" bodywork ;)... and the same ridiculously small gas tank as in the original copy....

Jamie:)

Last edited:
I have been riding for 48 years and well over 2 million miles.

I own:

1. 2002 Honda VTX 1800

2. 2003 Honda Goldwing

3. 2007 Suzuki M109R

4. 2007 Triumph Rocket 3

I don't regret purchasing any of them.
They are all great motorcycles and fill the niche each was intended to serve.

Triumphs are wonderful bikes.
Unlike Harley Davidsons, they stand on their own.
There's no need to bash other brands simply because they are different or made somewhere else. We don't need to regress to the level of the average HD rider...
Bikes should be judged by what they are, not where they're manufactured or who owns the company. I add the last part 'cause both my Hondas were made in Marysville, Ohio, not Japan.

I owned 1 HD in my life.
1 was enough...

Back