New V-Rod coming???

I should haveknown better than to question Pig9r...As I am looking at it ,the tire dont fit on the Rocket so it aint a threat....Now what what I want to know is ,has any one tried to fit the new pipes on the full dresser on a standered....My Jardine's are a bit loud.

The V-Rod SE Screaming eagle kitted bike comes with a 240 back wheel and is exactly twice the price of a Rocket in Australia. Not a contest in performance or price. Now the 200hp V-Max due for release in next few months, now that's a different story.

My co-worker had an 02 with all the SE stuff. Had it remapped with a PCIII. I had to work a little to show him up on that one. After a car rear-ended him and totaled that one, he bought an 07 that had a 240-18 rear tire. It was down right slow compared to his other one. I blew him away on my friend Amy's [Slightly modified.] 94 Magna. He wasn't happy about that. A truck pulled out in front of him and totaled that one. Broke him up pretty well, too. He never came back to work. His wrists were broken badly, and they won't let him turn wrenches anymore.

I don't believe stories about slow V-Rods. Slow riders, perhaps.

This article compared s stock and turbo V-Rod with a stock and nitrous Vulcan 2000.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/ro...vulcan_2000/motorcycle_turbo_nitrous_kit.html

They got Chip Ellis, super drag racer to do the riding.

The stock V-Rod turned mid-11 quarters. Stock R3's aren't going to do any better.

Then they put a GT-28 Garrett turbo ($6K) on the V-Rod which boosted the peak HP from 110 to 160. No big song and dance to install the turbo either. This turned a 10.8 quarter. Pretty **** quick, doesn't cost a fortune.

If you want to go faster, get a busa. If you want to go extremely fast, put a turbo on it.

dougl

Can I work were you do.
In my world 6K$ is a fortune, hell I need is the a Key to install Tune-Boy and I can't even afford that. (does anyone know were to get a cheap one??:eek:)
I have 4 kids in my house and a Fiance to me 10$ is a gold mine.:D

Can I work were you do.
In my world 6K$ is a fortune, hell I need is the a Key to install Tune-Boy and I can't even afford that. (does anyone know were to get a cheap one??:eek:)
I have 4 kids in my house and a Fiance to me 10$ is a gold mine.:D

I have no intention of spending any more money (I did spring for the Tuneboy) to make my Rocket faster. What's the point? To look for the slowest sport bike with the drunkest rider you can beat?

I think V-Rods are nice bikes. I would have bought one but I decided it was overpriced for the shoddy way it is fitted out - especially in comparison with the Rocket, which is a heck of a lot more bike.

However, this new V-Max makes my point. With monster high performance Japanese bikes abounding, what's the point of spending thousands if not tens of thousands on an 800 lb monster like the Rocket? You're never going to win!

I am sure if a pro was riding a Rocket it would fair better than the times you have seen too.

I remember an article a couple of years ago comparing the V-Rod, Rocket, and V-Max. They used a pro rider and the comparisons were so close as to be insignificant.

Besides, I rarely race other vehicles unless there's nothing else around. Believe it or not, it's really easy to get killed on the streets.

Motorcyclists are routinely buying the farm here in Reno.

Back