Chall61770

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket iii Roadster
Hi all,
I have been “given” a 2011 Rocket iii Roadster in pieces, and have bunches of questions for all of the professionals out there willing to assist. :D
I am very comfortable around working with challenging projects, including bikes, various vehicles and even working on 2 stroke boats. I am a sucker for such challenges.

The case was split because it was locked in 3rd gear, and the shop took it apart, stated that it was going to be over $6000.00 to fix with all new parts. The bike is barely worth that. My friend picked it up and was going to take it to salvage, so I told him to bring it to me and I would see what I can do with it.

I have seen that there are different full gasket sets for the same year and model, so obviously I have concerns.
Is there a tool that I can input my VIN somewhere and find the exact part numbers I will need for a full gasket set somewhere?
Also, if I get a “full” gasket kit as it states, is it really an entire engine gasket kit, or is it more of a “fool” gasket kit?

There are a few guys on the forum who have totally rebuilt Rocket engines. I'd start by calling a good dealership and talking to the parts guy. I found Triumph of Dulles to be very helpful. I'd give these guys a call at Sun Coast Cycle Sports

Triumph Rocket III 3 Gasket Kit Full T3990089

Thank you very much for the suggestion of dealer. Appreciate you.

Thank you and sorry.
I am in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Daughter and her husband live there and my wife just returned from a visit. They really like CO and the Springs. My daughter is stationed at the AF Academy and son-in-law at Ft Carson; helo pilot. I've visited once and we'll be back for Christmas.

Good luck on the rebuild. One more recommendation. Get a shop manual. I bought one on eBay a couple of years ago for about $70 new.

Last edited:
Back