New to the Rocket III Roadster with questions

There are numerous threads on here that have TuneECU modifications and how to go about installing them. I'm sure a search will turn up enough to keep you reading for a while. Hanso also happens to have a handy .hex file that will take care of most everything you need. Make sure you save a copy of whatever is on the ECU right now before changing anything.

I'm gonna get connected to it tonight and get my learn on. I will try to hunt down Hanso's .hex file or just read up on the bugger. Possibility that some of this stuff may all ready be done as well since he had the gear to do it. Ill let you guys know how things go over the weekend.

You should be right to go now but be warned don't get to carried away with that throttle till you get used to her;):D

An Aussie welcome to you mate.
I put the Reband pipes on (made in Oz) and triple K&N filters plus a dyno got an extra 40hp:D. All told it ends up being cheap horsepower. See my figures below.
Oh most of my torque arrives at 2500RPM:D:D:D= FUN UN FUN

I uploaded the ecu hex map and the PC5 map Hanso and it runs great. The PC5 autotune is going to town though trimming things out. It runs better every time i take it out. The **** thing lifts up in first and second. =) Lovin the bike more everyday.

Well i went ahead and got the pod filters off amazon ru-2780. 27$ a piece which aint bad...

I uploaded the ecu hex map and the PC5 map Hanso and it runs great. The PC5 autotune is going to town though trimming things out. It runs better every time i take it out. The **** thing lifts up in first and second. =) Lovin the bike more everyday.

Well i went ahead and got the pod filters off amazon ru-2780. 27$ a piece which aint bad...
you will also need the two little filters, 1 for the Temp sensor and one for the Crankcase breather they are available here K&N and Emgo Filters | Flipmeisters Specialty Products

Hanso

Yar i wish i knew this before i ordered the stuff and got the bike apart now. =) i believe i will fab a filter for both of them instead of waiting a week or two for the filters. I was curious to know where is the crank case breather at. I looked in the airbox and felt around inside but do not see it. Also Hanso if you have a .hex map for the ecu that would work good with pod filters and tor exhaust that would be greatly appreciated. Also maybe if you have a PC5 map with good AFR for this setup would be awesome. After this im done tuning and getting more performance. The last map is great for the ecu but it was for under the seat K&N and TOR i beleive. I would imagine it would work but if there is a better tune i would sure like to use it.

Thanks

You should be good with what you have. The auto tune will... automatically tune to the intake/exhaust set up. You will need to go in and accept the new trims a few times though. Enjoy the extra power. :D

I have the Pipercross intake, and drilled my exhaust twice. Hanso's tune has worked great with the PCV/AT every step of the way.

Well since I never addressed the ticking on the right side I found out what that was. The exhaust manifold bolts were only finger tight to the head. I rolled off all 6 off them with out a socket wrench. So that solves that weird noise. Getting new gaskets and re-installing to correct torque.

Hanso

Yar i wish i knew this before i ordered the stuff and got the bike apart now. =) i believe i will fab a filter for both of them instead of waiting a week or two for the filters. I was curious to know where is the crank case breather at. I looked in the airbox and felt around inside but do not see it. Also Hanso if you have a .hex map for the ecu that would work good with pod filters and tor exhaust that would be greatly appreciated. Also maybe if you have a PC5 map with good AFR for this setup would be awesome. After this im done tuning and getting more performance. The last map is great for the ecu but it was for under the seat K&N and TOR i beleive. I would imagine it would work but if there is a better tune i would sure like to use it.

Thanks
I already sent you the HansO.AFR.map power20 map for your PCV if you have misplaced it let me know and I will resend it

You should be good with what you have. The auto tune will... automatically tune to the intake/exhaust set up. You will need to go in and accept the new trims a few times though. Enjoy the extra power. :D

I have the Pipercross intake, and drilled my exhaust twice. Hanso's tune has worked great with the PCV/AT every step of the way.
Yeah that's the beauty of the PCV with the Auto Tune it adapts as you make change glad you are happy with it Steel

Back