image.jpg Here is my new seat had to take picture in garage as it is bucketing down outside the last couple days, this the bracket I made to replace the pathetic attempt of fastening bracket by Corbin, apart from the mounting bracket the seat is otherwise beautifully made and fits and suits the bike better than the the triumph seats, I had already bought the Triumph Gel seat so I had a spare original seat to take the catch spike from in the picture I had not as yet riveted the catch spike in place, it fits like a glove, my bracket is made from 3mm stainless steel plate, plasma cut to a template I made to suit the contours of the seat base and used Corbins mounts threaded holes so I did not damage or mark the base

Last edited:
You are all right about a Corbin being hard. I disagree with being firm as being comfortable. How can firmness be comfortable? I have one on my Valkyrie and I can only go a couple of hundred miles on it before it is too painful. If firm-ness were equated with comfort, seems like living room furniture would be made to be hard too. I will be looking into the group purchase. Thanks for the uptake.

Has anyone considered gel seat pads. I did this on my last seat and the result is outstanding. The gel pads can be cut to fit any seat. I won't go int the install details as you can find some great how to videos on you tube. On the link below they also have an excellent video. I would just like to add a suggestion, when you add the gel, add a small layer of memory foam on top of the gel. No need to spend hoards of money on a custom seat unless you need something that is a different shape than what you have. Just a thought.
LUIMOTO PREMIUM Gold Gel for MOTORCYCLE COMFORT | DIY KIT - Luimoto

Cheers

For big boys like myself (320 lbs), the Corbin in the only option. All other options are just too soft and you end up crushing the foam to the point where you are sitting on the pan, i.e. tailbone pain! I've done the stock seat, Triumph Tour seat, Rick Mayer custom, etc. and the Corbin is the only one that makes a big difference.

Back