Kyrocket

.040 Over
I made my first long road trip today. From my house to Maryville, tn. Getting up in the morning to go ride the dragon and any other mountain road I can find! I rode for a little over 5 hours today only stopping to get gas. I had a back ache and my tail bone was hurting within the first 50 miles. I'm 6' 3" and 270. What's a good seat for somebody like me?

There is a chap in California who will custom make your seat to fit you - but I can't remember his name. However, I have one of his seats and they are brilliant. edit: Russel Daylong Seats is the place.

A sheepskin seat cover from someone like Alaska Leather will also make a HUGE difference.

my heated Corbin dualtour with ox blood red welts arrived today apart from mounting bracket not lining up it is gorgeous will make up new bracket tomorrow then post a picture with other latest mods :D

Love my Corbin. You could also check out the Russel DayLong seats. There's lots of seat threads on here. There's a few custom companies (Washington state and California come to mind) than can take your dimensions and riding preferences and build you one. Usually though, that's best waited on until winter as you'll have to send them your stock seat to build it from and that takes you out of the saddle for a while. Corbin was pretty quick, offered a mil discount, and shipped to my APO...and I can ride from sunup to sundown without any issues!

I made my first long road trip today. From my house to Maryville, tn. Getting up in the morning to go ride the dragon and any other mountain road I can find! I rode for a little over 5 hours today only stopping to get gas. I had a back ache and my tail bone was hurting within the first 50 miles. I'm 6' 3" and 270. What's a good seat for somebody like me?

Corbins are hard. The Russell Day Longs look like they're made for 270 lb'ers.

Corbin saddles are very firm. That's why they work so well. :)

I've had great experiences with corbin seats on my previous bikes and found them to be very high quality, durable, comfortable. Cushy is one thing they're not.

Back