Dave I don't know how Dink feels about those yet, may ask him on the ride tomorrow to the Bike Show on Dolphin Island. You busy? How about Dennis etc?

Yeah I scrape sometimes, but it's not my goal if you know what I mean. The higher profile of course lifts you up just a little so it happens less often. Here's what my last Avon looked like just before I replaced it and the Exedra at the moment - I use all the tread. Good enough for you?

Thanks mate yep good enough for me.
Hope you didnt take offence by that wasnt my intention but a guy at work who also rides a rocket rides his like an old mole and has chicken strips on his tires just didnt want to change tire breeds and find they dont hang on is all.
I dont ride super hard like some do but i do like to give her a squirt once in a while and ride in the twistie stuff :cool:

None taken, young Mitch. I do like to flop it over through corners, as you can see, and hammer it out of them. I suppose I ride a little like an old mole in the wet but the Bridgestones give me confidence if I want to (or have to) push it even then. It really is the perfect rear for these monsters. So far I like the BS on the front as well, although the Avon was bloody good too.

None taken, young Mitch. I do like to flop it over through corners, as you can see, and hammer it out of them. I suppose I ride a little like an old mole in the wet but the Bridgestones give me confidence if I want to (or have to) push it even then. It really is the perfect rear for these monsters. So far I like the BS on the front as well, although the Avon was bloody good too.
What Load of Crap You Do Ride Like an Old Mole and a Old Pussey One at that !!!!!! Don't believe Him Mitch

Just Kidding He Ride's Harder than He let's On

Now if you want see Chicken Strips you should see my DarkSide I just can't seem to get it onto the Sidewall..........the boards scrape I even managed to scrape the peg rail once, tore of a peg but dam I just can't get the damm Federal on to the sidewall like I used to be able to with the Toyo................ no matter She'll be right Mate:D

Anthony, the higher profile translates to almost 3 inches greater rolling circumference. This means that with every 4 revolutions of the back wheel you've travelled almost an extra foot (about 11.2 inhes in fact). At the same engine speed it's easy to see the potential impact on actual fuel consumption over a trip (3% improvement) - but keep in mind you may not see the difference if you simply divide gallons into miles on your odometer because your speedo/odo won't adjust to the different tyre size.

What you'll feel is better cushioning and smoother ride. I also notice the need for a lower gear at very slow speeds, and I find it fits my riding style better when I'm pushing it because I exit a corner right on the power band. There's also less tendancy to spin the rear on hard acceleration which I think adds considerably to the extra mileage you'll get from your tyre. The extra size also corrects your speedo.

when I was running the 55 profile DS It corrected my speed by about 4% so I just added 4% to the speedo reading when working out the fuel mileage... problem solved;)

:D Just so we dont miss understand people im not saying i ride hard ;) i would ride like an old mole compared to most on here :eek: considering i only got bike licence in june 2008 but i do use my whole tire and like to have confidence in my tread .

see how i go my next tire purchase will be front and rear so i may try the bridgys out.
I have never tried the avons either so it is tempting to try them out ive always rolled on metz . I dont mind the metz but i do find the front wears unevenly and then towards the end of the life it effects the flickability of the bike. It always feels like a brand new beast with new rubber.:cool:

Back