Ain't quite ready to go hard mounted bags yet.
I like the Corbins - store some of my stuff in my brother's Corbins all the time. :p
Met Mike Corbin and he's a stand up guy who backs up his products. :thumbsup:
For the Rocket, I feel they are just too shallow due to the upswept fat-ass exhaust.
When I be traveling, my cheepie fake leather, ABS bags with Easy Brackets have worked well for me the past ten years and two motors.

So Jeff,

Tell us what it's like to get your hands on the most powerful cruiser out there.

I bet you my smile was bigger than yours! :)

Congrats on the new bike. Ride safe!

Just road the Rocket home from the dealer (first ever Rocket ride for me).....+1 and flakes of snow so it was straight home. First impressions...

1) Love the riding position...no more hunched over sport bike for me.
2) Engine sounds like a diesel truck....I love it!
3) Massive torque.....Love that even more.
4) Lame brakes....I hope that after I adjust the front brake level in a bit and the pads have a chance to bed in I get some stronger stopping power...may have to bleed them?

Just road the Rocket home from the dealer (first ever Rocket ride for me).....+1 and flakes of snow so it was straight home. First impressions...

1) Love the riding position...no more hunched over sport bike for me.
2) Engine sounds like a diesel truck....I love it!
3) Massive torque.....Love that even more.
4) Lame brakes....I hope that after I adjust the front brake level in a bit and the pads have a chance to bed in I get some stronger stopping power...may have to bleed them?

Take it a bit easy Jeff .. took me a good solid week of riding to get the hang of my RIII back when I got it (jumped off a 2007 HD Dyna) Brakes are as good as any I've ever had (mines a non-abs model) .. something must be dicky or like you said they need to bed in. Been a few new Owners end up in strife riding too enthusiastically too soon .. enjoy.

I was taking it easy....so much gravel still on the road makes any less crazy. I am used to the 2 finger stopping of my previous bikes. Hopefully things will warm up around here and and I can get some miles on the bike to sort everything out.

You are stopping 800 pounds.
I had a issue last summer in CO where the ABS was kicking in way to early.
Somehow got air in the system. Bled them and all was good!
The ABS is awesome and I'll never buy a new motor without it.
I am envious of you as I can vividly remember the 7 day chubby I had from my first week riding the new R3R!

Back