New recruit from Western Australia

Yandicoogina

.020 Over
Hi there R3 pilots !!
I am not too far away from acquiring my own R3, so I feel like a bit of an intruder coming to your party with no beer, so-to-speak.
I fell in love with the R3 the moment I saw my first one in the flesh. The rider was not overly tall, and it looked like he was a jockey on a racehorse! But the sound...... ooooo yeah, it got my juices flowin'. In fact, on that day I was with a non-rider and he surprised me by stating that "that is SOME motorbike!"
I live in the south of WA but work for a construction company at an iron ore mine about 1200 miles away. For that to be viable, I work three weeks on, one week off, living in a nice accommodation camp with 700 others.
Anyway... I want my R3 now! I have done the sportsbike thing on a Honda VTR 1000 and that was sensational. Just a great allround sportsbike that can sound perfect. I have two more weeks at work and then on my return to the city, I am off for a test ride and probably off to the bank soon after!!
Love the forum contributions and hope to meet up with R3 owners soon.

Welcome Yandi!!

Sounds like you're sold :D.... don't act like that at the dealer's or they won't budge when you go to deal....

Let us know when you get it!!!

Tomo

Welcome Yandi!

Just go ahead and buy the bike! You can "test ride" it on the way home, knowing it is already yours. I am certain you will be very happy with a new R3, and I am glad you have joined us.

Hey there Yandi and welcome to the addicted R3 owners society.;)Just about anything you want to know is right here,except the cure of coarse:D

Coyote was right!

Just go ahead and buy the bike! You can "test ride" it on the way home, knowing it is already yours. I am certain you will be very happy with a new R3, and I am glad you have joined us.

I sat on a granite '05 in the show room while I got the sales pitch. Smart manuever on his part because I was ready to buy before I stradled the beast and once I wrapped my legs around it......... IT WAS ALL OVER. [ Let's all remember here that I'm still talking about the R3]

My first ride was when they delivered it to the store's front door. That 40 years between bikes came back like a flash but just to be sure...... I had them point it down hill so I could just release the clutch in first and get a gentle introduction to the power. I've been smiling ever since.

Welcome to our family

You guys are dead right. A test ride will do nothing but simply reconfirm my hunger and passion. That is exactly what happened when I first took a VTR 1000 for a ride... they knew that once I'd had a nibble..... you know the story! I expect it to be just the same with the R3... and I want it to be.
But now I have a couple of weeks of outback livin' to get through. There are no motorbikes at all up here, just landcruisers and trucks. My only fix is to play on the net or read the magazines that get left lying around. Neither is really doing for me. I need to get my arms stretched by a big kahuna Triumph.
Are there any other West Aussies out there?

PianoMan said:
Coyote was right!

I sat on a granite '05 in the show room while I got the sales pitch. Smart manuever on his part because I was ready to buy before I stradled the beast and once I wrapped my legs around it......... IT WAS ALL OVER. [ Let's all remember here that I'm still talking about the R3]

My first ride was when they delivered it to the store's front door. That 40 years between bikes came back like a flash but just to be sure...... I had them point it down hill so I could just release the clutch in first and get a gentle introduction to the power. I've been smiling ever since.

Welcome to our family

Pianoman:

I didn't know you were 40 years between bikes. Yikes, nuth'in like going to the top from the get-go. I was 15 between my last and my T100 and that was uncomfortable. I started out at home on our private road to avoid embarassment.:p Not you, right from the dealer, you got kahuna's, big ones too.:bch:

thanks for the advice travelguy, but I am trapped miles from anywhere. And to be here in this dusty environment with a new R3 just aint going to happen. This is iron ore country, red dust in every orifice, unsealed roads (70 miles worth just to the highway). No, my dream can extend a bit longer, I am happy with it.
The colour will not be an issue. I like all of them.

Back