New Performance tire for Rocket 2.5 from Metzeler

sunny

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R LIMITED EDITION
Finally,

we have 2ond option in 240/50 R16 class, other than Avon Cobra Chrome

I would definitely try Cruisetec at next tire change. not a fan of ME 888 as its not meant for cornering and its harder material. Furthermore, this new Cruisetec model Metzeler is lighter on pocket than AVON or Metzeler ME 888 Marathon.

1711556915284.png

banana-dance.gif

affordable tires = more burnouts

Last edited:
I'm currently running the 888's as there was no other choice and whilst acceptable in the dry, I've found them terrible in the wet. Scary lack of grip.
So, really looking forward to trying the Cruisetec - has anyone run these in the wet yet?

I have two waiting to go on.... the front, btw, was more than the rear at $300! I thought I'd give matched tires another go, but it better be good!

Fronts in our size are a little hard to find and crazy expensive (even more crazy) at many retailers. I got mine off Amazon.

Rear from Dennis Kirk or Amazon

Last edited:
Mounted and broken in. Whenever you get new shoes it’s an immediate improvement, but dang I think I really like these a lot.

Handle going into curves really well and feel sticky. Look great and I think the bike is faster and sounds better too with these tires - not to mention improved gas mileage 🤓
Camping now, more on these later.

Mounted and broken in. Whenever you get new shoes it’s an immediate improvement, but dang I think I really like these a lot.

Handle going into curves really well and feel sticky. Look great and I think the bike is faster and sounds better too with these tires - not to mention improved gas mileage 🤓
Camping now, more on these later.
are they much better than the cobra's, or similar considering they are new?
moreover, do they turn in quicker than the cobra's. especially the feel from the rear?
are you running the same pressures?

best wishes

are they much better than the cobra's, or similar considering they are new?
moreover, do they turn in quicker than the cobra's. especially the feel from the rear?
are you running the same pressures?

best wishes
I think that they're much better than the Cobra's but I am biased against Avons. To be fair, it's been nearly 26K miles since I replaced the Cobras, so I can't really answer about the turn in comparison, but the Cruisetecs turn in with very little input. My guess is that they perform as well, probably better than the Cobras. I've dropped the pressure to 40psi front and rear.

Finally,

we have 2ond option in 240/50 R16 class, other than Avon Cobra Chrome

I would definitely try Cruisetec at next tire change. not a fan of ME 888 as its not meant for cornering and its harder material. Furthermore, this new Cruisetec model Metzeler is lighter on pocket than AVON or Metzeler ME 888 Marathon.

1711556915284.png

banana-dance.gif

affordable tires = more burnout
Thanks for the info! I have a new Cobre sitting in the garage but after that one gets put on I might check out the Crustec

Back