New Owner, my thoughts and a few questions and observations

DylzR3

Standard Bore
Ride
2017 Rocket Touring
I purchased a new 2017 Touring recently and really love the bike. I left the Harley world as I wanted something more rare and unique. I am sure if I did a search, most of my questions would be answered but I prefer my own direct post.

1- Motor feels great and still breaking it in, but was surprised at the amount of buzzing/vibration in it. Does this smooth out much after more miles on these bikes?

2- Have an insanley annoying rattle/vibration/buzzing just as the bike is coming up on the revs. Goes away at certain rpm,s but is driving me nuts. I can't diagnose it...sounds like under the tank potentially but was just wondering if anyone has had the same and was able to diagnose it. It's not a motor buzz...it's a something needs to be tightened type of thing

3- Does the ECU have any restrictions installed into it during break in period or until it goes in for first service. Motor feels like its getting better as I get more miles on it.

Bike gets alot of attention, really loking forward to more time on it

Welcome, I am only 1100 miles into my 2015 R3T and just had my 500 mile service last week. Talked to the tech about the tune and it will not change.

Shifting seems better after the oil change and the engine is getting better every mile.

Rattles-welcome to the world of Triumph. Go over all the bolts and check the torque on them.

We have the Touring model is de-tuned to 106 hp. I am sure someone will be along soon that will tell you more about it, but you can gain 30 hp just in a different tune.

I am an Indiana farm boy so I can tell you the unique sound of the engine sounds like a number of small farm tractors I have been around. Once I go dark side I think it will pull stumps.

Once again welcome to the family.

Welcome.

As delivered no it's not restricted any extra during break in.

Wish you many miles if GTO and smiles.

Welcome from Florida,these motors are tight when new the more miles you put on it the less buzzing you will feel

The bike starts to sound better once it has a unrestricted tune. The secondary butterfly valves in the throttle bodies only open 30% in first through third gears with the stock tune. Tune ECU with a Hanso tune will fix that problem. I also highly recommend k&n filters or a ramair air filter to get rid of the stock airbox restriction. Anything that helps the motor breath easier has instantaneous improvement provided you add the correct tune.

Keep a good eye on the heat shields on the exhaust system and around the radiator. All the bolts that hold that stuff on likes to work itself loose at first 3,000 miles or so. Check your two bolts that hold your bearclaw on. Mine were loose from the factory. Every Time I found a loose bolt a small dab of blue locktite and tighten. Yes over time it runs smoother and quieter. At 27,000 miles the bike runs better now than when it was new.

Back