New owner . . . FINALLY

Welcome to the league of Captains.
One thing to keep in mind is that we do share modifications, issues, and fixes on the site, but many have racked up mile after mile on these bikes without any issues.
Detent spring seems to be the number one concern.
We go though lots of tires.

I would recommend you get a torque wrench and go over every bolt you can.
Update the tune and get rid of the restrictions.

Anything else just ask. As I have said we love to help people spend money.
I have to look at the detention spring issue, had not heard of it. Bike will need tires in another 1500 miles.
I will get to the tunes issue also but I am concerned most on the igniton mod and learning more about the detent spring.

Tempted to think "dark side" but so many have warned against it. I am more of a tourist. This bike reminds me of a locomotive and also,of my F250 7.3 truck. Powerhouses.

good luck with the rocket
and be very careful till u get the hang of it.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yep, I do not plan on riding the dragon with it this year but I will have it shipped to NOVA as I am based up there as a pilot and plan on doing significant riding there this fall. Also, there is a fine Triumph dealership up there, Motorcycles of Dulles. The BRP and Shenandoah areas like Luray are where I want to play. I fly over these areas all the time on arrivals into IAD and those roads are calling for me.

On the Touring it does route the single main headlight current through the key-switch as well as the fuel pump current, so total of about 8A on the main pole (increases to about 12A while starter operating but this is only a momentary load)
I don't believe I have seen an actual key-switch failure on a Touring, although HAVE seen (related) fail of the key-switch connector with burned terminals - have to believe that was more down to poor manufacturing assembly. It's fairly rare to be fair.
And going to LED main lamp will further reduce the current by a couple of amps.

DodahMan said:
No key? How do you secure it? Does it make it like a Harley system?
It utilizes an RFID interlocked system featuring a hands-free remote that is detected when within proximity.
See more details in the link in my signature.
Incidentally I never advocate/promote installing the keyless as a preventive measure against key-switch failure (although of course it will), even on classic bikes but purely for its own features and the fun/convenience of it in its own right.

Welcome from Upstate South Carolina ! You gonna love the Rocket. Just got tires this week from Rocky Mountain in 2 days free shipping AND couldn't beat the price.

Back