New owner . . . FINALLY

DodahMan

Turbocharged
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar, 2011 Triumph Rocket III Tour
Folks, I am checking in to introduce myself again. Last year I conversed with some of y'all and really appreciated your responses and advice. I am the new owner of a 2011 R3 tour model, 6,500 miles so it is barely broken in. Bone stock I think.

My current bike is a roadstar, since new in 1999. The only thing that tickled my fancy which I kept going back to and considering over and over is the R3. I am going to ride them both for a while but I am pretty sure I will be selecting the roadstar to pass to another owner.

I am going to spend some time searching the threads and trying to learn from what has already been posted.

For starters, I want to learn about the reliability issues such as ignition switch. I plan on switching to led lights anyway but does this year need the switch reroute mod?

Any, and I mean ANY advice you guys have is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome from Minden Nevada . I think it was the older models that needed the Eastern Beaver kit. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in shortly. @DEcosse is our resident electrical guru here.

As far as I know the touring did not have the ignition problem
Welcome from tn

Welcome from Minden Nevada . I think it was the older models that needed the Eastern Beaver kit. I'm sure someone who knows for sure will chime in shortly. @DEcosse is our resident electrical guru here.
Thanks! I remember you from last year. Glad you are doing well and still riding. Another thing I want to do concerns floorboards. I need to do a mod to go a bit lower and forward. Long legs.

7A1683BF-FE09-4692-9ED9-D83467FED25F.jpeg
052E4D6A-9C7A-4129-AD6F-5B33A36ECD52.jpeg
No key have to have the key fob to steel it. Here’s what I put in place of the key.

Folks, I am checking in to introduce myself again. Last year I conversed with some of y'all and really appreciated your responses and advice. I am the new owner of a 2011 R3 tour model, 6,500 miles so it is barely broken in. Bone stock I think.

My current bike is a roadstar, since new in 1999. The only thing that tickled my fancy which I kept going back to and considering over and over is the R3. I am going to ride them both for a while but I am pretty sure I will be selecting the roadstar to pass to another owner.

I am going to spend some time searching the threads and trying to learn from what has already been posted.

For starters, I want to learn about the reliability issues such as ignition switch. I plan on switching to led lights anyway but does this year need the switch reroute mod?

Any, and I mean ANY advice you guys have is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good stuff! Congratulations on the new toy.
On my 13 T the headlight was still run through the ignition switch but the spots were on a relay. Spotlamps were m
Nice and bright. Main beam not so much. Put the relay kit on the main beam and it seemed to double the light it put out.

If your bike has the spots on a relay like mine, you'll only need a single relay kit.

Then get a cable and tuneecu and load Wayne Tripps derestricting tune which you can find here on the site. Trust me, you are going to like it. A LOT.

Welcome to the league of Captains.
One thing to keep in mind is that we do share modifications, issues, and fixes on the site, but many have racked up mile after mile on these bikes without any issues.
Detent spring seems to be the number one concern.
We go though lots of tires.

I would recommend you get a torque wrench and go over every bolt you can.
Update the tune and get rid of the restrictions.

Anything else just ask. As I have said we love to help people spend money.

Good stuff! Congratulations on the new toy.
On my 13 T the headlight was still run through the ignition switch but the spots were on a relay. Spotlamps were m
Nice and bright. Main beam not so much. Put the relay kit on the main beam and it seemed to double the light it put out.

If your bike has the spots on a relay like mine, you'll only need a single relay kit.

Then get a cable and tuneecu and load Wayne Tripps derestricting tune which you can find here on the site. Trust me, you are going to like it. A LOT.
Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

Back