New owner . . . FINALLY

I plan on making a few changes, just for ergonomics/comfort. The thing I like in the rocket is the tuning ability. . Looking forward to experimenting. My old roadstar has been a great bike but the carb setup is problematic when you want to go up to a bigger carb. I am glad I held back and enjoyed the bike without dumping thousands into it just to create more issues.

And still be slower than the Rocket!
You chose wisely!
1) engine guards
2) better lighting
3) better shockies
4) better air intake & better exhaust

IMG_0123.jpg
Folks, I am checking in to introduce myself again. Last year I conversed with some of y'all and really appreciated your responses and advice. I am the new owner of a 2011 R3 tour model, 6,500 miles so it is barely broken in. Bone stock I think.

My current bike is a roadstar, since new in 1999. The only thing that tickled my fancy which I kept going back to and considering over and over is the R3. I am going to ride them both for a while but I am pretty sure I will be selecting the roadstar to pass to another owner.

I am going to spend some time searching the threads and trying to learn from what has already been posted.

For starters, I want to learn about the reliability issues such as ignition switch. I plan on switching to led lights anyway but does this year need the switch reroute mod?

Any, and I mean ANY advice you guys have is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is a picture. 2011 R3T 6600 miles bone stock . . . oh the possibilities.

A stunning machine! They look so nice when all polished and sparkly.
I just love the black and white paint. I watched and waited for over a year plus kissed a few toads. This one had some extras on it too, a few Triumph parts. My only wish is for more legroom but I have a plan to modify the boards.

Back