New - looking to get an R3

Hello ibified and welcome to the site. As you can see, there is already a plethora of info coming your way. The fellows are happy to answer any question, pass on any technical info and even help with parts and tools when needed. Don't let the location of a dealership stop you from purchasing one.

This is a great site and a tremendous resource that often surpasses the service manual. Buy the bike!

A Roadster can be made into a Touring bike. A Touring really can't be a Roadster. Here is my Standard (pre Roadster) turned into one heck of a Touring/Roadster/Drag/Track bike.

Bill Dee.jpg

And what do you use beside elbow grease to keep everything looking so good ? I'd like to see your list, and I could do much worse than just copy it.

A Roadster can be made into a Touring bike. A Touring really can't be a Roadster. Here is my Standard (pre Roadster) turned into one heck of a Touring/Roadster/Drag/Track bike.

Bill Dee.jpg
I have always felt this way. Dress a bike up and not down. With the Rocket line there is more power on tap with the Roadster. I know I will catch chit for this but I believe there are quite a few other bikes out there that offer a better touring package. Gobs of power is not my highest need for a long haul bike. I like better wind protection including lowers, cruise control, large luggage carrying capacity, great passenger accommodations, a great sound system, floorboards not pegs and a quiet motor and muffler system.

Back