New - looking to get an R3

ibified

.020 Over
Ride
Honda VTX
Hi all - new to the forum and not an owner yet, but looking to get a Rocket 3 roadster. I'm a manufacturing engineer who lives in Koontz Lake Indiana (Northwest Indiana) and have been riding for almost 30 years, and have owned everything from a 1980 Honda CB750 to a Hayabusa to a Honda VTX. I'm somewhat of a speed junkie on bikes, and the VTX just doesn't fill that need, so I am looking to upgrade soon.

Welcome, d@mned good to see another Hoosier on here. If the weather ever breaks I ride your area quite a bit.

If the Rocket does not fill your need for speed and power there is no hope for you.

Have you found a bike you are looking at or are you still in the search mode?

I am in Lafayette, Eldon owns an R3T in Peru, Rick has an R3C in Lebanon, and there is a Rocket in Monticello, but we have not run that owner down yet.

There’s a steal of a 2014 Roadster for sale in Oregon right now.

Cycle trader has the listing. Has about $1,000 in carbon accessories, Carpenter Sidewinder exhaust, Triple K&Ns and a tune to match judging by the color of the pipes. They’re nicely golden. Bearclaw is a custom trimmed carbon one.

I think they’re asking 8,999.

Hello Ibified and welcome from Virginia. You are just in time to join us for Rockets Across America (East) down in south/east Kentucky in May.

Man that horse looks wired ! Welcome from another Brit. Hyabusa is fast , but a delicately tweaked rocket is a far more satisfying fast . 100 miles on a Busa and you have to reconnect your hips . 10 exhilarating miles on a rocket and you have to reconnect your head !
I loved my Busa, but once I learned how to wrangle the rocket , the Busa and I were quickly divorced. ;)

Back