New - looking to get an R3

Hi all - new to the forum and not an owner yet, but looking to get a Rocket 3 roadster. I'm a manufacturing engineer who lives in Koontz Lake Indiana (Northwest Indiana) and have been riding for almost 30 years, and have owned everything from a 1980 Honda CB750 to a Hayabusa to a Honda VTX. I'm somewhat of a speed junkie on bikes, and the VTX just doesn't fill that need, so I am looking to upgrade soon.
Not too far from you....if this won't cut it nothing probably will! 2008 Triumph Custom Rocket III with Carpenter 240 HP! for sale in Janesville, WI. Team Power Center Janesville, WI (608) 741-9900

I am considering it, the only thing that I'm shy about is lack of ABS. I can think of 3 occasions, 2 totally my fault, that ABS definitely and absolutely prevented a serious accident on my R3.

Well, I like the wide tire on the roadster, and don't really want to not have a tach, and I definitely want ABS. Looks like I'll want the roadster. I'll still try to ride a touring though.

Welcome from Montreal. The R3 is the last bike you will own. There's nothing like it on the market at the moment & probably will never be. Laws, rules & regulations are changing so that everything gets tamer because of epa. Electronic controls do not age well.

Finances just got a lot better for the foreseeable future, another bike just became a VERY real possibility in the near future...

Now my mind is jumping between 2nd R3, Panigale V4, and Trophy 1300... so many choices so little garage space...

Welcome from another new Rocket rider. I purchased a 2014 Roadster early this year and due to weather have only put 2300 miles on it. The R3 is an addictive ride, smooth and huge power. Go for the fat azz tire bro.:p

Back