Yes, I saw that new Vulcan at the IMS in NYC. It impressed me as a good looking entry level ride (post MSF course(s) and some decent practice saddle time with a smaller bike) and, to my knowledge, the first motorcycle ever offered from a manufacturer in three distinctly different ergonomic fits; a small layout, a medium setup and a large for the more stretched out rider!

Is it like the old Schwinn stingrays where you could buy the beginner model and then as you got older and bigger you could buy the full banana seat and hi rise handlebars :D

Im hoping Indian gets the option packages to the level of HD soon..different seat positions and handlebar options would be a big plus for us man sized men:D

Indian, Victory and Harley bikes have become so low that I don't see how a guy over 6' could be comfortable on them for more than an hour despite seat and handlebar mods. Rockets are still the best for tall guys but the Roadster's set-back pegs cancel the benefit of the outstanding 29.5" seat height. To get the big guy market for the roadster Triumph must offer a peg/floorboard relocation kit for it.

I just don't get the flat black look at all. The Victory and the Indian nice looking bikes and have enough hp to run all over the Harley especially now since Polaris took over Indian. But at 17 to 20K for me there are to many rockets out here for less than half of that with nice paint jobs and some goodies on them that will run away and hide from any of these bikes and are more comfortable to ride. Al

It's not always about price or performance. Sometimes people just buy what they like and, who knows, maybe even sometimes don't think to check that it will make someone else happy. Go figure.

I work with a bunch of guys that want a harley when they 'have the scratch', when I ask why I have yet to get an answer with any intellect or research behind it. "made in America" or "they're the best". Polaris is fighting an uphill battle convincing hd lovers they have an option.

I work with a bunch of guys that want a harley when they 'have the scratch', when I ask why I have yet to get an answer with any intellect or research behind it. "made in America" or "they're the best". Polaris is fighting an uphill battle convincing hd lovers they have an option.

Harley Davidson has done a good job of brainwashing the vast majority of wannabe bikers. Yeah , I hear it all the time, I ask oh really ? you want to get a bike? Answer is ..some day i'm gonna get a Harley.

Back