Now if Honda would just tune this engine for about 170 hp they would have something, but they never do. They can, but they never do. Even us old guys get tired of vanilla after a while. Long live the Rocket III !

They absolutely could. I think that's the result of what happens when a brilliant engineering staff is run by an excellent business group. Like Harley Davidson, Honda recognizes who the Gold Wing market is and they sell a ton of them. I'm sure the vast majority of Gold Wing buyers rarely use more than 50% of the power they have on tap. They expect the engines to last for up to 200,000 miles, I even heard of one passing 500,000. Honda knows their target and they hit it squarely on the button.

On the other hand you have Triumph. I have no idea what they envisioned when they built the Rocket. Its was so unlike anything else out there nobody quite knew what to make of it. That it has developed such a cult following speaks to what a strange bunch motorcycle riders actually are. In any area of performance or comfort you can find a better bike, but nothing quite puts it together like the Rocket. And, it doesn't sell in big enough numbers for anyone to try to copy it, so we continue to have a rather unique machine.

Wow.........I did not bother reading this thread cos I'm not at all interested in the new Honda.
But I am glad I did.......this drama is fantastic:D

DING DING back to your corners.....
DING DING round two......
DING DING etc etc

I love a good cyber punch up:D:D
:kk::kick::soapbox::flame:

Mitch

It is a good thing you don't live close by.....This Ol'man would have to come down and give you an A$$ whooping like you never had..Hell your dog would not reconize you when ya got home...I would meet you in a open parking lot...just to be fair

Park my rocket in the handicap section.....hang my parking permit on the mirrow. detach my oxygen tank from the rocket...unfold my portable walker get off the rocket and proceed to face you off...At the face off,....before you could make your first move I would run over your big toe with my walker ....hoping you had an ingrown toenail..While you are stunned by my first move I would then attack your ear..I fight dirty...I would bite your ear off.....Hummmmm..it might take awhile....my gums are not as sharp as they use to be...If you don't give up .....Your Nose is next....and yes my slava glands work extreamly good......When I have a big chew of Tobacco in..

Now you know what kind of A$$ Whooping you are going to get.......I think when we meet we should just shake hands, smile and go have a cold one and talk about how awesome our rockets are.

:D:D:D:p:p

Yes....Biker was off base with his remarks....just chalk it up to being a ....Yankee
Yep...Yankees are like that...here......Never ever wrong about anything

Joey..... Your a funny bugger:D

Wow.........I did not bother reading this thread cos I'm not at all interested in the new Honda.
But I am glad I did.......this drama is fantastic:D

DING DING back to your corners.....
DING DING round two......
DING DING etc etc

I love a good cyber punch up:D:D
:kk::kick::soapbox::flame:

Not me I like real punch ups ;) don't like people who hide behind the keyboard myself .

well, I'm not gonna get involved in the squabble myself,
heck, I aggravate enough of my friends on the .com site
in the politics and religion section,
I don't need the drama here too.

far as the new honda goes, I've seen better lookin' coon dogs.
Not quite as butt ugly as a victory vision, but close.
I'd buy a good used Valykre in a heartbeat though.

I am by no means trying to get involved........happy to sit ring side:cool:

I think the design team has watched too much "Night Rider" just needs a horizontal traveling red light in the front... He he

I would have bought a Valk if I hadn't discovered the R3. If I had money I'd have a Rune in a heartbeat. Say what you will about them, they are f..cking unique !

I would have bought a Valk if I hadn't discovered the R3. If I had money I'd have a Rune in a heartbeat. Say what you will about them, they are f..cking unique !

Yes indeed Fred, they are unique and no doubt a fantastic bike but maybe not for everyone.
I think too much of the bike is hidden behind the covers, I like the mongrel look.

Totally agree Skip - see post #5.
As for whoever said this thing being a young person's bike, what planet are you from?

I just read this entire thread and I gotta say that with all the drama and all the comments about the FB6 this is the conclusion I came to........................We are all the same on this forum!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

It was quite entertaining but everyone did the same exact thing......stuck up for one another!!!! Kudos to the brotherly love!..........Now everyone gather in a big circle and pat each other on the back (or hug as i know Mexican really needs one!) knowing we share the same integrity and character as one another!!!

Happy New Year Brothers :bch::bch:

mutt

Back