New High Idle fix and maybe more

So .6 plus .05 equals .65 tps setting what setting do u use for the stepper motor.

I started with the book settings on the stepper. Then carried an 8mm wrench with me for awhile so I could tinker with it. I kept adjusting it a little at a time until it had trouble maintaining the idle speed set in tuneecu. Then I went back the other way until it did. Now pretty much every time I start it, it goes right to idle speed without climbing and then settling back down which I don't like.

G'day blokes. Any links to get a new TPS? Mine has all the symptoms.. 20 seconds at the lights and she calms down, hanging up around 2000 rpm.. blah blah blah.

G'day blokes. Any links to get a new TPS? Mine has all the symptoms.. 20 seconds at the lights and she calms down, hanging up around 2000 rpm.. blah blah blah.

I would do an ISCV reset. When mine acts up (couple times a year) I do the ISCV procedure. I don't make any adjustments, just go through the procedure. 99% of the time it takes care of it. If it doesn't, I reload my saved tune. Hasn't failed me yet. I bought a new updated TPS years ago. That wasn't the problem. Still running the original 05' TPS. Carry the new one in the bike in case of a failure.

I would do an ISCV reset. When mine acts up (couple times a year) I do the ISCV procedure. I don't make any adjustments, just go through the procedure. 99% of the time it takes care of it. If it doesn't, I reload my saved tune. Hasn't failed me yet. I bought a new updated TPS years ago. That wasn't the problem. Still running the original 05' TPS. Carry the new one in the bike in case of a failure.
So we downloaded TuneECU yesterday man. What is an ISCV reset? Is it something that is preloaded as a tuning option on TuneECU?

Me too. I've never had an idle problem and still running the original TPS since July '04 but always carry a spare.

Open tuneecu, click the "tests" tab and look for "adjust ISCV". Follow the prompts.

TUNEECU_example.jpg

High idle can be caused by metal shavings from the starter motor and ring gear sticking to the crank angle sensor magnet and causing advance of the spark. This will cause high idle and other problems that was thought to be the TPS. It needs to be cleaned every 3 months and is easy to do, just remove the sensor wipe it clean and replace. Its located at the back underside of the engine near the starter motor.
Thanks for the heads up about that, I also have that high idle tremoraraly when she starts up; "Be Safe!

Back