New header and exhaust fitted today

That is indeed Paul's excellent work. I wonder why he doesn't post here.

Both correct, Paul's just down the road from me and a regular stop for a cuppa. Pauls a lot more active on Facebook and the other site so I posted his exhaust here.

www.vikingexhaust.com if anyone's interested, don't know how much he will be selling them for.

Took it for a quick blast up the road tonight and my ass-dyno says good but it needs to be tuned desperately.

Picked up bike from the Harley Dealership this morning (they were the closest ones who had a Dyno, and seemed interested), while they had a few goes at converting me (good luck with that) the service was superb and they were good dudes, job was done far quicker than I asked for too. Am very pleased with the results and bike is far smoother, sadly its been p*ssing down for the last few days so couldn't really test it out too much. Attached is the dyno result, will try for a sound file in the next few days too. The base line was with all mods already in place and with AT map, that I took off before taking it in.

One really good thing I've found is that my legs is around 4" away from the pipes, even without heat shields no fears of burning holes in my pants, unless I'm completely incompetent.

scan0010.jpg

The center stand is another story, its a proper center stand, works like on any other bike. Apparently and someone may want to correct me on this, as this is what I was told. I purchased it quite a few years ago, then they promptly disappeared off the market. I was told they were actually designed by Triumph and a few were made and sent out then they stopped making them, some company in the US began making and was selling them, got caught and was told to stop. It was packaged nicely, had triumph looking instructions. The only problem with it is that you need a hand strap on the other side of the back to allow you to stand straight as you lift the bike onto the stand, I tried to do without it and nearly crippled myself. Don't know why these aren't everywhere, its great and makes servicing so easy. Never seen another one.

Thread mine but seeking answers:
Has any Roadster owner fitted a RIVCO center stand #TR3001
RIVCO Products - Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Excuse the mining, I found your thread after searching for center stand info. I bought a never fitted unused RIVCO one off @slick rick for a great price and a mate brought it the 4000km East on a work trip. I had seen some earlier threads about these RIVCO center stands that some had issues fitting and the supplied instructions with photos do make reference to potential mods for model variations. The unit comes with the strap referred to above, required bolts and adjusting shims to cover model and manufacturing variances.

However when I took it to The Suspension Smith here in Canberra for fitting, Laurie advised it must have been made for the earlier pre-Roadster Rockets without ABS as the ABS unit is in the way of the center stand spring and spring brackets. He suggested I would have to get the brackets cut off and re-welded about 20mm to one side and it should then fit my Roadster. They are a beautiful bit of well made and chromed kit and hopefully I will get he problem sorted.

Laurie the Suspension Smith is a great bloke and said 'no charge' after friggin around for a while finding out it would not fit while I was having breakfast at the great Isa St Bakery up the road.

I may add this info to other RIVCO center stand threads I find.

Mine is similar to this model for Harleys but with different mounting brackets, doesn't appear to be available anymore.
Rivco Chrome Adjustable Center Stand for Lowered Touring Models | 531-229

Last edited:
Checked out the website not much if any info on the rocketIII exhaust, what are the dimensions, I think stock is 1.5" and if correct carpenter is 2" what is pauls?

Brother I thought you had read this thread below already you did post a few times.

Post #56 Tors with other headers. Performance and sound ?

Dougl, the stock header is 1½" O.D. when I first started this project I thought to build in 1¾" O.D. but decided to go with the 1 5/8" O.D.
The "design" was decided on as an improvement on the stock header, hence stepping up the one size.
The "style" is what I thought looked good, many have said this to be right.
My system being internally coated with a heat barrier ceramic coating and built tight into the head, set up with the correct tune actually runs a lot cooler than the stock system, reports back say no problem with heat at all.
Yes, have thought about heat shields, but as above, and also . . . haven't gotten there yet. Lots on at present.

PRES10 2" is great, and is required for high HP Engines, but not required for standard Engines.

ISHRUB; we are talking header pipe O.D. here, tail pipes are larger diameter again.

Go here for CES versions - they stated to me that mine was "1 3/4" outlet finishing into standard position (suits standard muffler sizing fitment)."

CES ****

My order:
Australian $ include 10% Australia only tax:
Triumph Rocket III CES Performance headers, headers choice with 1.3/4” outlet finishing into standard position (suits standard muffler sizing fitment).
Your choice Headers coated polished silver thermal ceramic coating option $1350.00
Optional Extra’s - Header heat shields x 2 coated (customised) in the Black thermal ceramiccoating. Add $250.00.

So final pricing Silver coated headers + black heat shields x 2 $1600.00 $AUD. (heat shields same for either choice ceramic coating).

Other info and pricing info I received earlier:
CES Racing Systems (Australia) fabricate up our new design custom Rocket III Performance Headers + exhaust pipes/muffler sections.
Performance Headers are Ceramic Coated (Polished silver) both inside/outside of headers pipework for presentation, longevity and thermal benefits. This coating is rated up to 700 degrees Celsius. Hardwearing, baked on process that can be re-polished.

Our CES Header pipes are designed to work with both original standard or modified engines.
We are seeing around a 40 HP gain at the rear wheel with our CES exhaust (full system) package + tune (on the standard engine).
2 x different Performance Header designs: One pipework set to fit up with your standard muffler. Or
Performance Headers with 2.1/4” outlet combined with our CES (Polished) stainless steel muffler. (Tapered flute design muffler or Straight cut end designed muffler).

Photographs attached today, show (in house) fitting examples of both (2) muffler design choices.
The muffler choice (also) can be either 2” or 2.1/4” (internal sizing) – with 2” being the quietest option. Dyno test shows the 2” (internal sizing) muffler made 161 ft. lbs and 162 HP @ rear wheel.
2.1/4” version will make up to 170 HP @ rear wheel.
CES Header Pipes (+ complete system) and tune will give about 165 ft. lbs torque.
161 – 170 HP @ rear wheel. (Standard they make about 120 HP @ rear wheel). We also have copper exhaust sealing gaskets to supply - included each order (at no further charge).

Australian Pricing:
Performance header pipes (supply only includes GST ) $1350.00 $AUD (Silver) Ceramic coated items.
Rear Muffler/pipework section to join up with performance headers – polished stainless steel $650.00 $AUD (supply only includes GST). Full system bolt-on package $2000.00 $AUD. Supply only.

Packaging + Freight can be arranged.
We have dispatched now systems all over Australia, USA, Hawaii, Singapore, UK, Austria.

CES Racing Systems is an Australian (Brisbane/Qld) Registered Business of 33 years. EFTPOS facilities available for our Australian customers only, cheque or money order. EFT (bank transfer) using our SWIFT CODE electronic Bank transfer for all overseas transactions. We have worked on all manner of vehicles/bikes/boats, both street and race, historic and prestige vehicles. We are happy to help make your bike that little bit special. Please view attached photo pics (miscellaneous) today for your interest and to introduce our work.

HEADERS (ONLY) Allow 6.5 kg (packaged). Headers (single item).
HEADERS + SYSTEM (FULL SYSTEM) Allow 10 kg (our standard order packaged).

Checked out the website not much if any info on the rocketIII exhaust, what are the dimensions, I think stock is 1.5" and if correct carpenter is 2" what is pauls?

No sorry Scot IE, nothing but my classic stuff on my website, you will have to look at www.facebook.com/vikingexhaust for Rocket related pipes.
The header pipes on my system are 1 5/8" O.D. apparently not the best for absolute max power, but for everyone else, no problem at all.

No sorry Scot IE, nothing but my classic stuff on my website, you will have to look at www.facebook.com/vikingexhaust for Rocket related pipes.
The header pipes on my system are 1 5/8" O.D. apparently not the best for absolute max power, but for everyone else, no problem at all.
HEY great looking pipes Paul makes nice stuff and I know hes going to make some 2 inch versions soon

Back