New header and exhaust fitted today

sleeves

Nitrous
Ride
05 R3 Std
Just got my new exhaust system today and instead of working ended up messing round in the garage this arvo fitting it up. Pretty excited its booked for a dyno tune next week, then off to be HPC coated, just sprayed black at moment with stove enamel to stop it rusting.

Very happy with it and plenty of clearance by my legs (excuse the hairy legs).

20151022_144048.jpg 20151022_144110.jpg 20151022_144133.jpg 20151022_144155.jpg

Looks nice and does seem to tuck into the engine more than my CES.
What are those bars you have and what is that nifty looking center stand???

Looks nice and does seem to tuck into the engine more than my CES.
What are those bars you have and what is that nifty looking center stand???

Hi Bull

Thanks. Soon there will be a design for proper pressed steel heat shields to cover the headers, I'm not sure I'll need it though. The entire system is lighter than my old D&D muffler, there will also be crossover pipes (so you can have a LH muffler, or twin mufflers). A friend down the road designed and built this unit, he has a website too.

The bars are Ventura 12 Apes (Motorbike Accessories, Luggage, Parts and Tank Bags | Motorcycle Enthusiasts - Dold, NZ) on Rivco risers not the bars I wanted and overpriced NZ$250.00. The ones I wanted in the USA were about US$50.00 but they didn't ship to NZ these have more pullback than I wanted. I also had to mod the ends of the bares to take the stock end weights and heated grips, that was a major pain involving ACAD, a lathe, colorful language, bleeding knuckes etc.

The center stand is another story, its a proper center stand, works like on any other bike. Apparently and someone may want to correct me on this, as this is what I was told. I purchased it quite a few years ago, then they promptly disappeared off the market. I was told they were actually designed by Triumph and a few were made and sent out then they stopped making them, some company in the US began making and was selling them, got caught and was told to stop. It was packaged nicely, had triumph looking instructions. The only problem with it is that you need a hand strap on the other side of the back to allow you to stand straight as you lif the bike onto the stand, I tried to do without it and nearly crippled myself. Don't know why these aren't everywhere, its great and makes servicing so easy. Never seen another one.

I bet it sounds as amazing as it looks. Any chance of trying to post a sound clip?

That is indeed Paul's excellent work. I wonder why he doesn't post here.

VERY clean and unobtrusive set up. I LIKE!
One thing I LOVE about E-motorcycles is the total absence as well as need for "exhaust" pipes and mufflers. IMO the less plumbing the better.

Last edited:
Back