New header and exhaust fitted today

Regarding the Rivco center stand.
I bought one many years ago and immediately returned it.
It would not fit my 2008 standard without significant drilling.
A few minuses:
You lift the bike on the stand with a cheesey strap.
It will reduce your cornering clearance

Regarding the Rivco center stand.
I bought one many years ago and immediately returned it.
It would not fit my 2008 standard without significant drilling.
A few minuses:
You lift the bike on the stand with a cheesey strap.
It will reduce your cornering clearance

I would use the hefty knurled foot push down with my 150kg+ it would be a doddle.

I don't think it would make the lousy Roadster rider peg ground clearance any worse which from what I have been told is heaps worse than R3 Stds and Classics. My R3R already has 13" rear 444's and Exedra rear tire for a total 1" rear lift so I expect the centre stand would not be an issue.

Biggest issue is whether to bother getting the brackets moved to fit with ABS. drilling existing frame lug holes to 13mm is no issue and has to be done to use Flipmeisters great design too. Flip's are a great price though and most use for a center stand would be for maintenance at home.

Thread mine but seeking answers:
Has any Roadster owner fitted a RIVCO center stand #TR3001
RIVCO Products - Motorcycle Parts & Accessories

Excuse the mining, I found your thread after searching for center stand info. I bought a never fitted unused RIVCO one off @slick rick for a great price and a mate brought it the 4000km East on a work trip. I had seen some earlier threads about these RIVCO center stands that some had issues fitting and the supplied instructions with photos do make reference to potential mods for model variations. The unit comes with the strap referred to above, required bolts and adjusting shims to cover model and manufacturing variances.

However when I took it to The Suspension Smith here in Canberra for fitting, Laurie advised it must have been made for the earlier pre-Roadster Rockets without ABS as the ABS unit is in the way of the center stand spring and spring brackets. He suggested I would have to get the brackets cut off and re-welded about 20mm to one side and it should then fit my Roadster. They are a beautiful bit of well made and chromed kit and hopefully I will get he problem sorted.

Laurie the Suspension Smith is a great bloke and said 'no charge' after friggin around for a while finding out it would not fit while I was having breakfast at the great Isa St Bakery up the road.

I may add this info to other RIVCO center stand threads I find.

Mine is similar to this model for Harleys but with different mounting brackets, doesn't appear to be available anymore.
Rivco Chrome Adjustable Center Stand for Lowered Touring Models | 531-229

Hi Ishrub

Yes looking at mine, it would not fit the later models without modifying it due to the ABS unit being in the way as you say.

Though fitment was relatively straight forward but that may be rose tinted now.

I know I also had to drill and tap one of the bolt holes and as the stand was made in the USA it was with an imperial thread so now there's one orphan bolt on the bike that's not metric. Mine must have been on for close to 7 years now and I never regret fitting it. It does however touch down during enthusiastic cornering and the feet are half gone.

Persevere then watch as everyone's amazed that a bike like this can be pulled onto a main-stand relatively effortlessly...

I would use the hefty knurled foot push down with my 150kg+ it would be a doddle.

I don't think it would make the lousy Roadster rider peg ground clearance any worse which from what I have been told is heaps worse than R3 Stds and Classics. My R3R already has 13" rear 444's and Exedra rear tire for a total 1" rear lift so I expect the centre stand would not be an issue.

Biggest issue is whether to bother getting the brackets moved to fit with ABS. drilling existing frame lug holes to 13mm is no issue and has to be done to use Flipmeisters great design too. Flip's are a great price though and most use for a center stand would be for maintenance at home.

Gday also just read next post. JRock was right it did require some commitment to drill and tap the frame and it does touch down as previously mentioned.

I am 83kg and can easily pull it onto the stand, I think I use the main-stand more than the side-stand when parking up as I'm always worried about it rolling off the sidestand.

Hi Ishrub

Yes looking at mine, it would not fit the later models without modifying it due to the ABS unit being in the way as you say.

Though fitment was relatively straight forward but that may be rose tinted now.

I know I also had to drill and tap one of the bolt holes and as the stand was made in the USA it was with an imperial thread so now there's one orphan bolt on the bike that's not metric. Mine must have been on for close to 7 years now and I never regret fitting it. It does however touch down during enthusiastic cornering and the feet are half gone.

Persevere then watch as everyone's amazed that a bike like this can be pulled onto a main-stand relatively effortlessly...

That is the beauty of dragging the center stand - it usually wears down to match the clearance required and in my experience with an old '84 Suzuki GS1100GK tourer and '86 Moto Guzzi LeMans Mk IV it does not overly affect stability as it is doing it. My whiney NTMA and later NT European Bike Club mates used to complain that I was throwing rocks back at them when leading the pack and cornering the old girls at 160kmh plus in the NT.;):D:D:D

Back