New ECU map problems / Secondary Removal

BigRed

.020 Over
I have Jardines, PCIII, O2 eliminator, standard dump on the PCIII loaded by Dynojet prior to delivery.

I had some work done at the Triumph shop and they loaded the latest ECU download before telling me. Now I have Decel popping.

I would like to remove the secondary throttle plates and wondering if removing them and the popping would warrant a tune and dyno.

The tech at Dynojet emailed me and said to bump up the fuel at decel to eliminate the popping. I have never looked at the PCIII settings. How difficult is it to hook up the laptop and what application do you use to do this.

Last edited:
Have you tried just using the manual adjustment buttons on the PCIII? If you make your adjustments that way there is no need to mess with the original program or plug into a laptop.

If you don't have the disc that came with it you can download the program here Power Commander III USB Downloads

You can either remove the PCIII from the bike and hook up a 9 volt battery using the connector that came with it and then plug it into your computer or you can hook your computer up to it while connected to the bike.

If I were in your shoes, I would take the bike to a dynojet dyno tuner and have a custom dyno tune done.

Back