Need TTS mapping help (tuneboy )

Either works. The trick with tuneboy is getting the right version of the software for the file you have.

New LIVE tunes won't work with the old software, and the old tunes won't load in the LIVE software.

It's also buggy as all hell.
Hmmm. I'm guessing I have new software and old tunes.. I wonder how I can get around this ?

You could have been as lucky as me. Bought a TTS kit for a T Bird for ,one of my customers with a six week wait time. After 13 to 14 weeks and numerous emails,we sort of got it. He had my money the whole time. No base tune as advertised, even after several emails and three direct phone calls. Nothing. Not one fuc$ing thing. Had to go my own way , which is not something everyone can do.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I'm guessing I have new software and old tunes.. I wonder how I can get around this ?
Well it depends does the new tune boy use a cable or wifi? If cable then since yours is the old ecu you can load the old tune boy and then load the tune boy tune. I also see there is a tune ecu version of the tts map for older bikes in the resource section. But first cable or wifi box?

Seriously, if you are going to use Tuneboy, then get hold of Wayne at Tuneboy and get him to sell you a base tune with the MAP turned off. Get your tuner to look seriously at the ign tables. The ones in the older model tunes are a guide at best. TTS have done very basic work on the ign on all the tunes I have seen. Fit a high flow fuel pump. Get the bike tuned on a dyno where one can monitor mixtures etc. Bear in mind that the advertised boost is something like 11psi, but each kit I have seen has over 17psi. It will be easy to wreck your engine if not careful with the tuning.

You should be able to send the tts base map to wayne and he can convert it. They did it to mine. Keep in mind it will only work with your ecu and your software. And what the man above said is correct. Them detorats can nibble away at even the best pistons.

Well it depends does the new tune boy use a cable or wifi? If cable then since yours is the old ecu you can load the old tune boy and then load the tune boy tune. I also see there is a tune ecu version of the tts map for older bikes in the resource section. But first cable or wifi box?
I have the cable and I dont know how to obtain the old version of tuneboy

Seriously, if you are going to use Tuneboy, then get hold of Wayne at Tuneboy and get him to sell you a base tune with the MAP turned off. Get your tuner to look seriously at the ign tables. The ones in the older model tunes are a guide at best. TTS have done very basic work on the ign on all the tunes I have seen. Fit a high flow fuel pump. Get the bike tuned on a dyno where one can monitor mixtures etc. Bear in mind that the advertised boost is something like 11psi, but each kit I have seen has over 17psi. It will be easy to wreck your engine if not careful with the tuning.
This is not good news.. this isn't even my bike, I'm doing this as a favor for a retired veteran... this doesn't sound like it's going to end well and I may end up having to buy this guy a new bike.

I emailed tuneboy with the issue and didn't get a response.

Oh my. Well, can you open the tune file in tuneEDIT?
I was able to open his tune file with the Old V3.99 and using my V5 software. I wonder if sonce he bought the new tune boy if the tune has to be specified to his software and ecu. Remember tuneboy has anti hackware in their's now.

Back