need to make a decision.....

When I ordered my '06 standard in Nov. '05 I also ordered a Corbin dual seat. My wife loves it, but then she is a sweet 125lb.
My avatar shows my mother pretending to ride the rocket.

'd
I'm sorry @TRIIICK. In the hands of a capable rider the Rocket most certainly does not steer like a truck in the twisties. Ask the 2 blokes who chased me up Cradle Mountain in Tassie last year. One on a BMW GS and the other on an SV 1000; neither could catch me. Not saying the Rocket's as easy to throw around as some others, and there are plenty that are faster, but if you're up to the twisties, so is the bike. Just needs some practice; don't blame the bike.
Yeah i thought that was a little harsh thats why I recanted. Yesterday i took all three bikes to get an inspection sticker, comparing the three the Rocket was a little stiff in the twisties compared to the Busa and RK. Not a big deal for what the Rocket offers but there is noticeable a difference in the way it handles. Doesn't mean i throw her out of bed for eating crackers...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I concur with a couple of posts here. Stock pillon sux and Russell Day Long seems to be the ticket. My missus only sits on the Rocket pillon for short trips and uses an HD badged "Road Zepplin" pillon pad to compensate even though I've had it re-done with gel inserts, etc. If we take a long road trip we usually take the Ultra Classic so that she has control of how much air is in her seat via push button, arm rests, radio, cup holder, etc, etc. I must admit after the Key West trip in January...the full upper and lower fairing, cruise control, etc was mighty comfortable after two days of ridin the Interstate in the rain

My Touring with the new tune, exhaust etc. is the best all-around bike I have ever owned. I can switch out to my Roadster seat and single luggage rack and take a trip alone and tear up the curves or I can put the stock full seat back on it and ride 750 miles with the wife on the back and her asking me why I'm stopping when it's time for fuel. You are welcome to borrow my scooter for a few days if you would like to try one on for size without being pushed for time. It's tough to help someone choose a bike just by talking about it. You gotta get some seat time in.

The day i bought it home the fiancee had the sads because she liked the look of the Thunderbird Storm better , i said " will you be hopping on the back " , i got a stern " Never " so next day rear pegs and seat came of in a flash......... problem solved

Let me put it like this. We sold our Goldwing to buy the Rocket. (Standard back seat like Roadster.) I told my wife she was going from a Barcalounger to a Bar Stool. The standard/Roadster back seat is a joke. I spent $600 redoing it twice to make it "Ok" but not great.

First attempt. Had the seat pan widen 5 inches and lengthened about 3 inches then re-foamed and covered. Better but not good enough.

070.JPG

Second and current seat redone by Rick Mayer. Orthopedic foam and a leather cover. Had him do both seats. MUCH better and more rideable,

but still not a Goldwing back seat.

BTW: This is my 500th post. Do I get a prize ?

DSCN2077.JPG

A beautiful motorcycle - even if it IS red like a d** d***! :p
Be seeing ya soon!

Wow
My Touring with the new tune, exhaust etc. is the best all-around bike I have ever owned. I can switch out to my Roadster seat and single luggage rack and take a trip alone and tear up the curves or I can put the stock full seat back on it and ride 750 miles with the wife on the back and her asking me why I'm stopping when it's time for fuel. You are welcome to borrow my scooter for a few days if you would like to try one on for size without being pushed for time. It's tough to help someone choose a bike just by talking about it. You gotta get some seat time in.
WOW... Very generous indeed:thumbsup:

Back