Need Info on Fuel Pump Electrical Connector + question on discoloration

This one looks more like it, although again, would prefer to see a better picture

The positive keys on the outside and the dual slots in the centre certainly look correct (vs the other linked which is definitely not a match)

TS090-4S-6.jpg

Last edited:
OK, Here are a few more shots.
The cable is short and it's hard to hold it and take pictures with my phone so let me know if there is another angle or side needed to make a match.
The last one is receiving side on the fuel pump assembly under the tank.

Thanks!
IMG_4405[1].JPG IMG_4413[1].JPG IMG_4414[1].JPG IMG_4415[1].JPG IMG_4416[1].JPG IMG_4417[1].JPG IMG_4418[1].JPG IMG_4419[1].JPG IMG_4420[1].JPG IMG_4421[1].JPG

Yes, that's the one I linked
OK, thanks for the assist.
Rather than try to match the existing wires I will buy 4 color matched 20 gauge wires from them, build the connector, and splice it to the current wires.
I will also apply some liquid tape to the new connector to strengthen the wires.

Yes, that's the one I linked
Much appreciated.

I ordered several colors of wire & the connector. Parts = $6.50 Express Shipping = $9.50 so I will have time to install it before liftoff for the big trip.

20 AWG MIL-W-22759/16-20 Wire (WIRE-20AWG) - Cable & Wire​
1​
$0.35$0.35
Select Color:
Blue ( 6 )
4-Way Kit4-Way Kit Sumitomo (TS090-4S-6) - TS 090 Sealed Series​
1​
$4.48$4.48
Socket/Wire size:
.3-.5 mm² | 22-20 AWG (TS090-SKT1)
Insulation/Seal size:
1.4-2.0 mm | .055-.079 in (TS090-SL2)

Much appreciated.

I ordered several colors of wire & the connector. Parts = $6.50 Express Shipping = $9.50 so I will have time to install it before liftoff for the big trip.

20 AWG MIL-W-22759/16-20 Wire (WIRE-20AWG) - Cable & Wire​

1​
$0.35$0.35
Select Color:
Blue ( 6 )
4-Way Kit4-Way Kit Sumitomo (TS090-4S-6) - TS 090 Sealed Series​

1​
$4.48$4.48
Socket/Wire size:
.3-.5 mm² | 22-20 AWG (TS090-SKT1)
Insulation/Seal size:
1.4-2.0 mm | .055-.079 in (TS090-SL2)
They ship fast

OK, I received the new fuel pump connector and had a friend help me assemble the pins and new wires (using solid purple, solid grey, solid black and solid red).

I plugged it before splicing it to the harness and it fits - yeah! Correct plug and pins seem to be installed properly. Thanks @DEcosse

Unfortunately, I then sniped off the old connector and am now confused as to what pins the two black wires go to?
Does it matter? If so why are they the same color? Why two Ground wires?

I don't see any distinguishable markings on them.

The Fuel Pump is #30 in the wiring diagram.

PW = Purple & White -> Pin 1 - OK spliced in
BG = Black & Grey stripe -> Pin 4 - OK spliced in
B = Black -> Pin 2 - ? which wire
B = Black -> Pin 3 - ? which wire

diag.jpg

Two black wires coming from main harness go into fuel pump connector.
I will splice one to the black wire and one to the red wire but don't know which goes where??
IMG_4438[1].JPG

Old wire connector (white was temporary fix):
Top rear view. Black & Grey and White fix (was a black wire)
IMG_4431[1].JPG

Top - right side
IMG_4432[1].JPG

left top
IMG_4434[1].JPG

Last edited:
Technically the pump gets main ground and the sensor gets ECU (signal) ground - I think you'll be OK if you just guess
Thanks again.
I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I crimped them both in and the bike started and ran excellent for 150 miles today.
I did notice that my low fuel indicator hasn't come on. For many years, it has incorrectly come on after 50 miles of refueling so I use my trip meter.
It will be interesting to see if comes on with 50 miles remaining on the tank.
I kind of like it to stay off so I am not going to try switching the grounds around unless you see a need to.

500 miles without incident - woot.
I took it to 180 miles twice and the low fuel light didn't come on so either my wire crimp is wrong or the ground wires are backwards.
Who cares as long as it runs correctly and isn't throwing an error code.
Sadly, my laptop is still in the shop so I can't check it.
The engine light is on but that was from the short last week (which I now think was caused by the wiring harness touching the frame and NOT the LED driving lights).

Back