Need another pair of eyes to look at my hub

suthern_yankee

.020 Over
Hey Everyone,
I just finished installing my rear tire, and following the Service Manual's Instructions it says to line up the splines of the rear sprocket and then "push the wheel home". Okay so I did that, everything seems to line up good, rear caliper is a perfect fit. But my gut is telling me that the wheel is not pushed entirely onto the hub splines like it should be. I took it out for a test ride, no noises, vibrations, everything appears to be fine. I took a few pictures and was wondering if anyone can verify that "yep it looks right" just to satisfy my gut. :D

Thanks.
Suthern_Yankee

Just went out and looked at mine to make sure, but yes, that does look correct. Mine is exactly the same as your pictures, and I've close to 10,000 miles on it since the last time I had a new tire put on.

Yes.. I am close to needing a new tire again. For some reason though, I have gotten alot more life out of this tire than my previous one... :)

Have no qualms. It's on all the way. If it wasn't, the spacer that resides on the outboard side of the wheel between the caliper and the swingarm wouldn't fit. You did apply some high temperature synthetic grease to the mating splines didn't you?

One thing I notice is that you appear to have some oil residue around your bevel box breather. It would be wise to check the level. I holds very little. It takes fully synthetic Mobil gear lube and it ain't cheap but then neither is the box itself if you sieze it up from lack of lubricant.

Thank you for the help

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the confirmation with the wheel. I will check my rear fluid level on my hub. My Rocket did this once before and when my dealer checked it he said it was fine, it had been a little overfull from the factory. BTW .. I did put some new high pressure/temperature grease on the spline before I reassembled the hub.

Thanks again.
Ride Safe.
Suthern_Yankee

:)

Back