Need an Auxiliary light for a Touring

Frosty Rider

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 R III T, 2020 R 3GT, 2001 HD CVO WideGlide
Good Day, i was wondering if anyone in the Ontario area might have one of the Auxiliary light buckets and ring to hold the light in for a touring, this is one of the ones next to the headlight, it kind of exploded taking a rock hit at a combined speed of well over 300kmh, me going one direction, rock being thrown from the opposite direction.

Attachments

• 20210321_180721.jpg
    20210321_180721.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 14
I don't have a OEM one, but if you do end up looking for a replacement bucket and all, I can recommend these:
were they smaller than the stock one's, sorry i haven't measured mine yet to find out what size they are, and did they just bolt right on or did you have to mess around a bit to get a proper fitment, and how bright are they, do they actually make a noticeable difference, I swear i'm not a 2-year old kid who just discovered the power of the word "why?"

were they smaller than the stock one's, sorry i haven't measured mine yet to find out what size they are, and did they just bolt right on or did you have to mess around a bit to get a proper fitment, and how bright are they, do they actually make a noticeable difference, I swear i'm not a 2-year old kid who just discovered the power of the word "why?"
They are longer front-to-back than the OEM, but they're the same diameter light (4"). They can be manipulated so that the back side of the bucket *just* touches the wind screen. Only disadvantage I've experienced is that I have to tilt them downward to remove my wind screen.

They're easily as bright as stock lights, but you can change the lamps out for some brighter LED lamps too. To get these on the bike, I chose to drill through the little arm and run a bolt through it and the stock "U" shaped attachment for the OEM lights. If I were doing it over, I might try to fabricate a new arm to replace the one that comes on this light, or a little bracket piece that moved the attachment point for the aux lights forward of the support tube.

They're way cheaper than the OEM parts, but I think they look better.

They are longer front-to-back than the OEM, but they're the same diameter light (4"). They can be manipulated so that the back side of the bucket *just* touches the wind screen. Only disadvantage I've experienced is that I have to tilt them downward to remove my wind screen.

They're easily as bright as stock lights, but you can change the lamps out for some brighter LED lamps too. To get these on the bike, I chose to drill through the little arm and run a bolt through it and the stock "U" shaped attachment for the OEM lights. If I were doing it over, I might try to fabricate a new arm to replace the one that comes on this light, or a little bracket piece that moved the attachment point for the aux lights forward of the support tube.

They're way cheaper than the OEM parts, but I think they look better.
They do look nice, the more i look at the front of the bike, looks like more damage than i thought, i might need to replace the bar the lights attach to, looks like it got bent, that bucket is jammed right into the windshield

They do look nice, the more i look at the front of the bike, looks like more damage than i thought, i might need to replace the bar the lights attach to, looks like it got bent, that bucket is jammed right into the windshield
Yikes, glad you kept it up with a hit that big. Yeah, the stock buckets don't normally touch the windshield.

Yikes, glad you kept it up with a hit that big. Yeah, the stock buckets don't normally touch the windshield.
i was lucky, the GT is out being paint corrected and ceramic coated or i would have been on that, then it would have hurt, as it is, looking at the paint and everything, it looks like the bucket took and absorbed the whole impact, small price to pay

Back