Need a bit of help wiring a screaming banshee air horn please?

Allan S

Simple African lad with a Rocket
Ride
2016 Roadster-skunk
IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0610.JPG I installed a screaming Banshee horn in the spot where air cleaner was pre Ramair.
The instructions are clear and tell you to run the 2 blue wires to the horn location and connect the" two blue wires to the existing horn wires - it doesn't matter which one goes to which" .

I'm not sure how to proceed because the Rocket horn has a ground wire on the one horn terminal, so 3 wires, one on one terminal and two on the other not the one to each terminal of the horn that I expected to find.
The Screaming banshee is wired directly to the battery for both power and ground. Can I exclude the ground wire to the horn button and just connect the other two as the whole horn system is grounded at the battery?

What to do?

Last edited:
IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0610.JPG I installed a screaming Banshee horn in the spot where air cleaner was pre Ramair.
The instructions are clear and tell you to run the 2 blue wires to the horn location and connect the" two blue wires to the existing horn wires - it doesn't matter which one goes to which" .

I'm not sure how to proceed because the Rocket horn has a ground wire on the one horn terminal, so 3 wires, one on one terminal and two on the other not the one to each terminal of the horn that I expected to find.
The Screaming banshee is wired directly to the battery for both power and ground. Can I exclude the ground wire to the horn button and just connect the other two as the whole horn system is grounded at the battery?

What to do?

Skip the horn...use middle finger!:rolleyes::whitstling::D

Gee Allan you may want to think twice about hitting the horn button.

As looks like it will give a bit of a vibration to the left ball in that location.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gee Allan you may want to think twice about hitting the horn button.

As looks like it will give a bit of a vibration to the left ball in that location.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm praying that the Corbin seat I just got has enough padding to prevent that.
I didn't remove the curved hose that fed the air box from the filter when I removed the stuff for the Ramair and the mouth of the Horn fits directly into that so I'm hoping the sound will be carried forward a little.

Just hook the two blue wires from the banshee, one to each of the wires going to the original horn terminals. Don't worry that one terminal has two wires, keep them together like they were a single wire.

Just hook the two blue wires from the banshee, one to each of the wires going to the original horn terminals. Don't worry that one terminal has two wires, keep them together like they were a single wire.

Thanks for the help.
So hook into either one of the pair on that terminal or put on a new spade terminal with all three (blue and the original 2 on that terminal )?

Back