Narrowed it down to two... R3T and RSV

You can have a Rocket built up to 260 hp naturally aspirated. If that's not enough there is always forced induction. Personally I'm good with around 140 hp stock with triple K&Ns and open exhaust. Its stupid fast. I love it.

Got to love the old Magna, 1997 picked up for $800 guy had been left the bike from a pal who died said the engine was seized as it would not turn over fast??????:eek: WTF but I was not ready to educate someone I was going to buy a bike from,$300 later bike runs like a top handles better than the Rocket, changes gears a lot lot lot more smoother than the rocket. not as fast as the rocket but it can get up and go.

IMG_0156.JPG

Here's a few pics.... $700 3 years ago from a kid who bought it and let it sit.... Took it to a HD dealership who didn't know what to do when they seen 4 carbs. Put a few $1000 making it the way I like it and getting everything fixed up. Still plan on doing the front suspension and then I'll be happy.....until the HP bug bites me again and I get some Cams and custom ignition.

I have a nice Corbin Seat for your Magna.

s-l1706 (13).jpg s-l1704 (13).jpg s-l1702.jpg s-l1703 (13).jpg

Got to love the old Magna, 1997 picked up for $800 guy had been left the bike from a pal who died said the engine was seized as it would not turn over fast??????:eek: WTF but I was not ready to educate someone I was going to buy a bike from,$300 later bike runs like a top handles better than the Rocket, changes gears a lot lot lot more smoother than the rocket. not as fast as the rocket but it can get up and go.

IMG_0156.JPG
Yeah Scot the Magna is the closest thing to a Sport bike in a cruiser .I mean this in the sense of handling and performance . I have a 170/80 in the rear and only about an inch of chicken strips unused. The front is a 130 with only a half inch unused .

Yes some bikes are faster or handle and brake better.... But not all 3. The magna's only real weakness is the brakes. One day I may kit up a superhawk front end 900RR rear disk to fix that. But Sintered EBC stop pretty well for a single disk.

No debating the HP/TQ superiority of the R3 at all BigNorm . It's badazz....that's why I want a touring model lol.

Wh

IMG_0156.JPG
What was the problem? Battery? carbs?

Wh

What was the problem? Battery? carbs?
Had to replace the battery, removed the tank and cleaned it, changed oil and filter and plugs, poured a wee bit paint thinner down the carbs waited 20sec then poured petrol in put the air filter back on and fired it up:D has been great ever since.

Had to replace the battery, removed the tank and cleaned it, changed oil and filter and plugs, poured a wee bit paint thinner down the carbs waited 20sec then poured petrol in put the air filter back on and fired it up:D has been great ever since.
Nice!! Mine took a full carb rebuild! But as a was changing exhaust and to a k&n filter I had it rejeted too. So much fun!
Wish they would make a 4th Gen magna..... With the VFR12 motor disk brakes all around

IMG_0156.JPG
Well yeah. It's a Honda.

I went a Different Route a brand new 2016 F6B Goldwing with 8 years of factory warranty🤦🏼‍♂️ as I couldn't find a R3T. Had it a little more than a year now and put 13k miles on her. I'm happy but still want to add a R3 to my stable!
IMG_20201005_101931_798.jpg
IMG_20201005_101931_792.jpg
IMG_20200920_070702_311.jpg

Back